Vertigo - Causes And Prevention!
Written and reviewed by
Dr. Ritesh Chawla
90% (1159 ratings)
B.A.M.S, M.D In Ayurvedic Medicine
12 years experience
Balance disorder is more prevalent in old people, but they are not the only ones who are affected by it. There are many causes that can lead to balance disorder and some of them can be controlled. Balance problem causes spinning of head coupled with dizziness while standing or sitting, which can lead to an injurious fall.
The common symptoms of balance disorder include:
- Depression, anxiety or fear
- Blurred vision
- Inability to concentrate
- Changes in heart rate and blood pressure
- Ear infection: If the vestibular system (which is also called the labyrinth) inside your ear gets infected and inflamed, it can cause balance disorder. This is because the inner part of the ear is responsible for coordination and balance. This condition is known as labyrinthitis and it is frequently accompanied by dizziness and vertigo. Viral and respiratory infections can also cause labyrinthitis.
- Poor circulation: Certain diseases associated with the circulatory system, such as stroke can cause dizziness and various other balance problems.
- Medications: There are certain medications that can lead to balance disorder, such as medications to normalize blood pressure can cause dizziness. Ototoxic drugs are infamous for causing ear problems that lead to imbalance. Sometimes its ill effects are felt only during the period of using, but many people have suffered permanent ear damage.
- Other causes of balance disorder include head injury, imbalance of chemicals in the brain, arthritis, neurological conditions and aging.
- Balanced diet: Meniere's disease is a condition that causes ear problems, which lead to vertigo. It is primarily connected to the change in the volume of fluid in the inner ear. Try to eliminate salt from your diet and abstain from alcohol in order to prevent such a condition.
- Prevention of ear infections: otitis media is a common kind of ear infection seen in children, but adults can have it too. It causes dizziness and nausea. A proper care with herbs can manage it effectively
- One can also take steam inhalation for flu to keep away the flu-related infections in the ear.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful