What is vaginal rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation is also called vaginoplasty or vaginal tightening. It is an elective surgical procedure done under general anesthesia/local anaesthesia with an aim to tighten the inner and outer muscles of the vagina that become loose from vaginal childbirth and normal aging process.
Reconstructive Surgery vs Cosmetic Surgery
Reconstructive surgery is a surgery used to restore form and function of the body affected by congenital defects, tumor, trauma, infection or disease.
Cosmetic surgery is a branch of plastic surgery focused on enhancing appearance through surgical techniques. It is done mainly to improve aesthetics and is elective as treated areas have normal function. Vaginoplasty as reconstructive surgery is performed in the following cases:
- After treatment of malignancy or abscesses to restore form and function of vagina
- To correct vaginal and uterine prolapse
- Repair of vagina after trauma
- To correct protrusion of urinary bladder or rectum into the vagina
- To repair birth defects in cases of vaginal agenesis and vaginal hypoplasia where the vagina is absent or malformed. It enables normal menstruation, urination, and intercourse of the affected girl.
- In transgender or trans-sexual women.
Vaginoplasty/vaginal rejuvenation as cosmetic surgery is performed for the following reasons:
- To improve the youthful look of the vaginal region
- To enhance vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control
- Improved sexual gratification and increased friction during intercourse.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!