Tips To Lower Higher Uric Acid Levels
Written and reviewed by
Masters Of Science In Dietetics And Food Service Management Msc. (DFSM), Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Advanced Clinical Nutrition Program, Post Graduate Diploma In Clinical Nutrition And Dietetics PGD, Bachelors Degree In Applied Nutrition Bhsc
16 years experience
High uric acid in the blood stream leads to gout and arthritis. To prevent gout must have a good diet and refrain from sugars, alcohol and food like meat, poultry, seafood and pulses. Uric acid is not eliminated easily from the system and leads to inflammation and joint pains with gout.
- WATER – Water helps in flushing out all toxins so one should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day , water will also eliminate the excess uric acid n the system.
- CHERRIES- Cherries are rich with anti-inflammatory substance which is known as anthocyanins this help bringing down high uric levels. The anthocyanins helps from not letting uric acid crystallize and settle in joints which are the reason for arthritis and gout. Cherries will help reduce its level.
- BERRIES – Strawberries and blueberries should be added to the diet as they have a lot of inflammatory properties which will fight against higher uric levels.
- APPLES – Have one Apple a day, Apple has Malic acid which neutralizes uric acid. Add apples in your diet.
- CELERY SEEDS – Most popular home remedy is to add celery seeds in your diet this is also a great neutralizer for high uric levels.
- FRENCH BEANS JUICE- This is especially given to people suffering from gout as it is a natural neutralizer for high uric acid content and gives relief from inflammation.
- VEGETABLE JUICES- Drink a lot of vegetable juices like carrot juice, cucumber, beetroot about 300ml of these juices should be taken daily. They are a natural neutralizer to high uric levels.
- FOODS RICH WITH VITAMIN C- Foods rich in Vitamin C are great to neutralize high uric levels , vitamin C disintegrates uric acid and forces it out of the body through urine . Guava , Kiwi, Sweet Lime , capsicum , lemon , tomatoes are great source of Vitamin C.
found this helpful