Urological problems occur irrespective of gender and age. So, if you don’t want to fall victim to the problems of urinary tract infection, urinary incontinence, kidneys tones or any other urological disorder, here are a few tips that can help you improve your overall urological health.
- Water is your best friend: Water and other fluids are your best friend if you want to maintain your urological health. As you already know the main purpose of the urinary system is to cleanse your body and excrete all the waste and toxic products from your body. These toxins and waste are excreted from the body with the help of urine. So, when you increase your water intake, more and more toxins will be thrown out of your body. Doctors usually recommend having at least 8 glasses of water per day. But apart from water certain fruit juices like cranberry juice, which is excellent for urological health.
- Don’t hold your urine: There are many people who have a habit of holding back their urine. Therefore, it is important for you to know that it can do your body a lot of harm. So, when you feel the urge to go to the toilet, it is essential that empty your bladder.
- Stop having alcohol and coffee: Coffee and alcohol, both have several bad effects on your body. They act as a diuretic. These two products tend to irritate the lining of your bladder. This causes urinary incontinence and you will feel the urge to urinate more frequently.
- Reduce your intake of salt: Salt is an important seasoning and is required in every dish. Consuming it is okay but some people tend to take salt in quite higher amounts. You should never do that. This leads to retention of water in your body. They often lead to an increase in your blood pressure and also leads to kidney damage. The occurrence of kidney stones also occurs on an increased salt intake. Thus, fried and canned foods should be avoided as much as possible if you want to keep the urinary tract problems at bay.
- Hygiene is very important: During intercourse, many microorganisms enter your urinary tract and they even have the potential to cause several infections. Urinary tract infections are more common in women due to the shorter length of the urethra in them. The female vagina and male groin become the hub for microorganisms. And they get transferred during sex. So, you must maintain hygiene by cleaning your private parts regularly and changing your underwear daily. Keep your genitalia clean. Wash it with a mild cleanser or even plain water would do.
These tips are very crucial and following them thoroughly will help you to maintain a proper urological health. The responsibility of maintaining a good health always lies in your own hands.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!