*sinusitis - homeopathic medicine*
Sinusitis is a common inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, the cavities that produce the mucus necessary for the nasal passages to work effectively.
There is four pairs of sinuses, hollow spaces behind the bones of the face.
Allergies, bacteria or a virus can cause inflammation of the sinuses, or sinusitis.
Facial pain and pressure
Reduced sense of smell
*silicea: 30, 300*
1. Headache mainly on the right side.
2. The patient is chilly and is very sensitive to cold air.
3. Covering up warmly provides relief.
4. Nasal stuffiness.
5. The nasal is hard crusts.
1. Sinus headache is due to suppressed discharge.
2. There is violent headache. The headache better by binding the head tightly or applying pressure.
3. The face is swollen and hot.
4. There is throat pain and cough with throat.
*kali bichrome: 30*
1. Sinusitis with discharge drops back into the throat despite coming out of the nose.
2. The discharge is very thick and mostly yellow and ropy too
3. There is pain and heaviness in the nose.
4. The nose can smell and is blocked with an inability to breathe through it.
5. The headache above the eyes due to sinus infection.
6. The eyes may also get swollen up.
*merc sol: 30*
1. The nasal discharge is yellowish-green with a burning feeling.
2. The nasal membrane gets corroded and ulcerated due to the offensive and thick acrid discharge.
3. The headache with heat in head along with nasal discharge.
4. Increased saliva in mouth and offensive smell.
*pulsatilla: 30, 200*
1. The green-coloured nasal discharge that is bland (without burning)
2. The patient gets general relief in open air.
3. The discharge is horribly offensive.
4. There is headache above the eyes.
5. There’s an absolute absence of thirst.
*spigelia 30, 200*
1. Left-side frontal sinus is infected.
2. Severe throbbing pain over the left eye.
3. The discharge dropping back into the throat from the nose.
1. There is nasal blockage in a person with inflamed sinus.
2. Sticta is the remedy for patients who have no nasal discharge despite making quite an effort.
3. There’s a constant pressure on the nose.
*ammonium carb 200*
1. There is complete blockage of nose makes breathing difficult and the patient has to breathe through the mouth.
2. The worse time for the patient is night.
3. There is snoring due to blocked nose.
*kali iod, 30*
1. There is thin nasal discharge due to sinus inflammation.
2. The discharge is watery in a large quantity and leads to an intense burning sensation.
*hepar sulph. 6, 30*
1. The nasal discharge is thick and yellow.
2. The nostrils become very sore from the acrid discharge,
3. Thenasal passages become sensitive to cold air.
4. The headache with a sense of a nail or a plug that is thrust into the head along with a boring or bursting pain.
5. Their headache above the nose is worse from shaking the head, motion, riding in a car, stooping, moving the eyes, or simply from the weight of a hat.
6. Relieved by the firm pressure of a tight bandage.
7. The scalp is so sensitive that simply combing the hair may be painful.