Are you a sex addict and suffer from sexual addiction? Sexual addiction, also referred to as hyper sexual disorder or compulsive sexual behavior, is a condition in which a person becomes obsessed with thoughts about sex, sexual urges, and risky behavior, all of which are capable of landing them in trouble. It is also likely to cause distress in a person’s personal relationships, health, and in other spheres of life. Self-stimulation by a person is also a part of sexual addiction. A sex addict is detested by the society, and ends up being rejected from all places.
Symptoms of sexual addiction
A number of behavioural characteristics of an individual may indicate that he or she is a sex addict. Some of them include:
- Number of affairs at a time
- Extreme sexual impulses
- Excessive masturbation
- Unsafe sex
Ways to deal with sexual addiction
Here are the top ways of dealing or coping with sexual addiction:
- Get enrolled in a treatment program for sexual addiction, and follow the program seriously and sincerely. The program may include therapy sessions with a therapist, and attending other sessions and therapies that are meant for sexual addiction recovery. These programs are quite strict, and you need to maintain discipline.
- Self-educate yourself for coping with your sexual addiction. Undertake research and find about the various types of compulsive sexual behaviors that are linked with sexual addiction.
- Analyse and recognise the triggers to your sexual addiction and sex addictive nature. Recognise situations and thoughts, and then train yourself to keep away from being triggered.
- Abstain from any form of risky behavior while coping with sexual addiction. Recognise all conditions that may be risky and avoid facing them. Stop yourself from visiting pubs, strip clubs, and bars where you are likely to be tempted to find a way and have sex.
- Avoid watching pornographic videos and pictures. You should install a software on your computer that blocks all forms of adult websites.
- Take medication for mental health issues and for substance abuse. This is important for coping with sexual addiction. Stress, depression, anger, and anxiety are common factors that lead to sexual addiction and compulsive sexual behavior.
- Make a healthy lifestyle choice and spend time in locations that are healthy. Do not try to deal with negative sentiments by having sexual intercourse. Work out regularly and try activities that are productive.
- Practice stress management. Consider trying out relaxation techniques of several types such as meditation, yoga, and tai chi.
Your determination, focus, and willpower are the most important factors that determine your rate and progress of recovery from sexual addiction. The treatment program may be quite lengthy, but you should hold on tight and not quit half way.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!