Are you not happy with how your nose looks? No! Well there’s nothing to be upset about it. Nature may have done injustice to you. But man made adjustments are there to help you. Thanks to Rhinoplasty or plastic surgery on the nose that can boost your beauty. It is the most common cosmetic surgeries performed across the world. While most persons do this for reconstruction, others undergo this surgery for aesthetic purposes.
Even though, it is a common method, popular among the mases there are several myths surrounding this concept. Some of the most common myths regarding this method are as follows:
- Plastic Surgery gives plastic results: Many people may derive a wrong and misleading meaning of the word ‘plastic.’ The word comes from a Greek term, meaning ‘to mould’ or ‘to form.’ The surgery, therefore, gives you natural-looking results. A good surgeon will shape things closer to real appearance.
- Surgery is the only option: Surgery is not the only way to reshape your nose. It can be corrected using dermal fillers such as Radiesse or Juvederm. Fillers can camouflage the dorsal hump. It can add volume and give you a smooth line profile. But these injections have a temporary effect.
- Patients need general anesthesia always: Some patients may have to be under general anaesthesia during rhinoplasty. But it is not mandatory for everyone. Sedation is used for the minor changes. The patient will not be completely unconscious. But, they will not feel pain in the part, which is being reshaped.
- It cannot be performed outside a hospital: It can be performed at special clinics. You need not be always admitted to a hospital. Sedation may be used for keeping you away from the pain.
- There will be scars: Incisions made on the base of the nose or anywhere outside will go away with time. They will not be visible from a conversational distance.
- You can outgrow your dislike for the nose: It’s a matter of perception. Your perception towards your nose might not change even after the waxing and waning. You may be always unhappy about its shape or look.
- Any plastic surgeon can do this: It is a very complex operation. A millimetre can change things altogether. A slight deviation may make a huge difference. It can only be performed by someone who is a specialist in this subject and has considerable experience in these surgeries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.