As men enter their middle age, many of them develop issues with their prostate gland. There are certain symptoms that would tell you that your prostate glands have stopped functioning smoothly. It is recommended that you opt for a thorough check up when you suspect something wrong. This is because untreated prostate issues can lead to prostate cancer later in life. To avoid such a situation, it is best to get it treated as soon as possible.
Here are certain common symptoms which would make you aware of the issues that might affect your prostate gland.
- Bladder Discomfort: When you frequently start experiencing the feeling of your bladder not emptying completely, then it is time to consult an urologist for the problem. Such bladder discomforts are linked to prostate gland malfunctioning.
- Increased frequency of urination: Ideally a person urinates around six to eight times a day. Depending on the intake of liquid or water it can even rise up to ten times. But if you are urinating more than ten to twelve times, then it is definitely a matter of concern and you should approach medical help for it.
- Dribbling of urine: when you notice that the flow of urine is not stable and it starts dribbling for a long time, then you must understand that the prostate gland is not functioning properly. This is one of the earliest signs of prostate disorders.
- Waking up frequently at night to use the washroom: It is not very normal to wake up frequently at night to use the washroom. But when you notice an increase in your trips to the washroom at night, it can be a sign of prostate malfunctioning.
- Pain in penis or blood in the flow of urine: If you feel pain when you are trying to empty your bladder or anytime during the day, then it is a matter of concern. Similarly, if there is a flow of blood, even in the slightest, in your urine, then it is time to opt for a check up with your medical practitioner.
Hence, these are the major symptoms which reflect that the functioning of your prostate gland is not as smooth as it is supposed to be. If you can relate with any of these symptoms, ideally you must immediately consult your medical practitioner and take an expert opinion. Medical science has progressed a lot in contemporary times and prostate disorders are very much treated by medicines and procedures. It is a very much curable problem provided you get the right help at the right time.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!