Over 85 percent of the women experience the trauma of Premenstrual syndrome which haunts them for those few days of every month. Women undergo physical as well as mental or emotional disturbances like mood swings, anxiety, bloating of the belly as well as cramps in the abdomen.
There are certain lifestyles changes along with natural remedies which can ensure betterment of the PMS –
- Avoid the smoke: If you are smoking, you are not only increasing the PMS issue but also the chances of getting ovarian cancer. Most of the women who smoke regularly (at least twice daily), have been found to have significant PMS than the others who don’t smoke. Though the exact reason behind this cannot be discovered yet if you have PMS and stop smoking, you can see changes and improvement of your PMS.
- Healthy diet is the key to success: Whether you have PMS any other menstrual problem, one of the primary reasons behind them is unhealthy eating, and it has been proved many a time by the eminent scientists and the researchers of medical science. If you are a caffeine addict, you must know that it increases the irritation during PMS, making you more anxious. Salty food increases the symptoms like bloating and alcohol causes severe depression while having PMS. Having control over this item can save you from PMS to quite a lot extent.
- Physical activity: Exercises, yoga, and other physical activities do wonder in the treatment of PMS. If you are into regular yoga sessions, most of your problems related to menstruation can solve quickly. It can also help you to have regular periods without much pain or cramps. Aerobics and muscle-strengthening sessions can also help in reducing the PMS to a great extent.
- Vitamins are your savior: Most of the gynecologists prescribe vitamins for treating the PMS. Vitamins are very beneficial for the women who have PMS, especially, the vitamin B6 and vitamin E. Besides vitamins, calcium, and magnesium are also necessary for the better menstrual flow and cycles. You may have 50-100 mg of Vitamin B6 on a regular basis along with 400 IU of Vitamin E. For calcium, you can have either supplements or a warm glass of milk twice a day.
- Manage the Stress: Stress acts as the catalyst for any reproductive health issues as they are connected with the hormonal changes. To treat PMS effectively, the most important thing you need to do is to manage your level of stress. In this fast-paced world, where every woman is busy with her professional work or household work, stress is inevitable. But for having a healthy life, you need to relax with meditation and therapies.
When the natural remedies for PMS don't work out, it is best to consult a physician.