Piles are engorged veins in the anal area. They can be internal or external depending on their location; external being outside the anal opening and internal inside rectum. External always remain outside while internal piles are inside but as the disease progresses; they start coming out from anal opening while passing stool.
Treatment for Internal Piles: Treatment is given according to the stage of Piles. In 1st and 2nd stage Piles Kshar Karma along with oral medicine is advised. While in 3rd and 4th stage Ksharsutra ligation of Pile mass is the treatment of choice. For external Piles also; Ksharsutra ligation of Pile mass is the treatment of choice.
Why Graded Ksharsutra Therapy is Better than Surgery
Graded KsharsutraTM Therapy refers to a minimally invasive Para surgical procedure in Ayurveda. It is a tried and tested Ayurvedic technique, which helps in managing Anorectal disorders. In this treatment; Graded KsharsutraTM - A specialized medicated thread is ligated at the root of Pile mass.
As a result Pile mass shrinks and sheds off in a week or 10 days interval. No hospitalization; No bed rest required in this treatment and patient can continue his normal routine activities as usual. Graded KsharsutraTM Treatment is better than surgery in Piles for the reasons as below:
1. Hemorrhoids treated by Ksharsutra do not recur while after surgery incidences of recurrence are very high.
2. Complications like stool incontinence (inability to hold stool) etc. are reported in many cases in surgery for Piles which is not seen in Graded KsharsutraTM Treatment.
3. In Ksharsutra therapy there is no cutting of tissues, hence, the chance of post operative bleeding are not there however after surgery; the chances of post operative bleeding or infection are always there.
4. Ksharsutra therapy is done under Local Anesthesia which is always safer than general anesthesia/Spinal Anesthesia required during surgery.
5. Ksharsutra therapy is also more economical than Surgery.
6. Patient can continue his normal routine activities as usual during Graded Ksharsutra Treatment which is not possible in surgery.
Hence, it is being concluded that Ksharsutra Treatment is the best treatment for Piles in all its stages.