An ovarian cyst is a fluid sac that forms within an ovary or on its surface. The size and type of cysts vary from person to person and may affect women of all ages. There are different kinds of ovarian cysts
- Functional Cysts are harmless and may disappear without any treatment. These kinds of cysts occur during the time of ovulation.
- Follicle Cyst: If the follicle doesn't rupture during the time of the menstrual cycle, it gets converted into a fluid sac called as follicle cyst.
- Corpus Luteum Cyst: After the ovulation process, the remaining part of the follicle is converted into corpus luteum which produces hormones and they disappear on their own. Corpus luteum turns into a cyst if it still remains.
- Dermoid cysts and Endometrioma cysts are not common and if left untreated, may cause life-threatening problems.
Symptoms of ovarian cysts
Symptoms of ovarian cyst may vary from mild to severe based on the size of the cyst. Some of the symptoms are:
The doctor recommends few tests to determine the type and whether treatment is required or not:
Most ovarian cysts go away after a while. If the larger ones persist longer, then it might need treatment. Birth control pills may be advised to stop the formation of new cysts. When the size of cysts causes problems in women who are nearing menopause, surgery may be advised.
Homeopathy treatment for Ovarian Cysts
- Apart from conventional medicine or surgery, homeopathic treatment is an effective way to approach because it not only reduces ovarian cysts but also finds the permanent solution for an underlying cause of it. Homeopathic medicines are prescribed after examining the patient's lifestyle and habits to ensure targeted treatment and minimal side effects.
- Surgery is not the right solution for all the large cysts. They can be reduced with homeopathy medicine and which is the safest way to live a long life without any complications.