Optimal Health - 10 Things You Should Eat Daily!
Dt. Ashu Gupta
91% (2015 ratings)
M.Sc - Dietitics / Nutrition
17 years experience
Being at the peak of optimal health should be the goal of every individual. As the saying goes, 'Health is Wealth'. Certain food items will help you to reach the peak of health if they are consumed regularly. These food items will not only keep you healthy and fit but will also help the body to function properly with the nutrients it receives from them.
Given below is a list of food items that you should be eating for optimal health:
- Garlic - Garlic contains a compound called "allicillin", which is the major component to make it a healthy food item. Garlic is very effective to cure common colds and flu. Garlic also helps reduce high blood pressure. It reduces bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol levels in the blood. Garlic also helps to detoxify your body. Treating osteoarthritis is another great benefit of eating garlic.
- Yogurt - Yogurt contains probiotics, which control bacterial growth which is harmful to your body. It also provides your body with calcium.
- Broccoli - Broccoli contains sulphur, which makes this green vegetable a cancer fighter. It contains sulforaphane which gives it this property.
- Oats - Oats help to control blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood. They are also a great source of fibre for the body. Oats help keep your heart healthy.
- Beets - Beets are a rich source of multivitamins. They help to lower blood pressure and also lower the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Beets also help detoxify the body.
- Cabbage - Cabbage helps reduce the risk of having cancer. It also prevents heart diseases, gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease. Cabbage is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, which help it prevent osteoarthritis.
- Fish - Fish helps to control blood pressure. Fish oil can help slow down mental ageing. The Omega-3 fatty acid present in fish is very important sources of protein.
- Eggs - Eggs are rich sources of proteins. They aid in the bodybuilding process, and also in the repair and maintenance of the body.
- Spinach - Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K and Omega-3 fatty acid. It helps fight cancer, and also detoxifies the body.
- Tomatoes - The vitamins and phytonutrients in tomatoes make them such a healthy food option which keeps cancer and heart diseases at bay.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a specialist
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful