There are a number of digestive problems that can affect a patient, depending on one's diet and daily routine. Indigestion, acidity, loose motions and even constipation are some of the common ailments and conditions that many of us experience. Obstruction in defecation is also one such condition that may be caused by consuming certain kinds of food or due to the digestive health in general. Obstructive defecation syndrome (ODS) is a wide term used to depict the state of patients with defecatory blockage or constipation. These frequently encountered disorders affect 18% of the population .
The condition can be diagnosed by a general physical or a gastroenterologist by using the following parameters:
- Excessive straining
- Incomplete rectal clearing
- Use of laxatives
- Observing symptoms like stomach pain and anxiety, as well as other aches and pains in the abdomen
Besides aches and pains, the other symptoms include the following:
- Fragmented or unsuccessful attempts to release
- Drawn-out episodes in the toilet
- Rectal agony
- Posture problems
Here are 10 tips to treat the problem of obstructed defecation:
- High-fibre diet, and a lot of water and fruits are the most effective and natural treatments of ODS.
- Chocolates and other food items which build stool thickness should be avoided since they make defecation difficult.
- Increase liquid admission and other products like natural products, vegetables, whole wheat and grain.
- In the morning, take one tablespoon of olive oil. It works best on an empty stomach, so have it before anything else.
- Consume one teaspoon of blackstrap molasses. Begin with moderate doses in case you don't like the taste of it. Eventually, you can add some warm water or tea to it to weaken the taste.
- Mix one tablespoon of flaxseed oil with one glass of squeezed orange. You may consume it as and when required to avoid dehydration and subsequent obstruction.However,one needs to give it at least five hours to begin working. It will begin to show results only after a few hours of regular consumption.
- Aloe is not only good for minor cuts but also in reducing stomach aches. It's best to utilise aloe vera gel that has been directly extracted from the plant.
- Baking soda lies at the heart of home cures. It's staggeringly flexible, and does its work 95% of the time. It works extremely well for blockages.
- Drink one glass of prune juice in the morning and one during the evening to diminish obstruction.
- Dandelions may merely look like weeds, yet you may see them differently after they relieve your clogging.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!