Dt. Vishal Saini
89% (4543 ratings)
Doctor of Naturopathy & Natural Medicines, DM - Clinical Haematology, Certified Diabetic Educator, Diploma in Nutrition & Health Education (DNHE), Certificate in food Nutrition (CFN), Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Arts (Physical Education)
9 years experience
In our day to day lifestyle, it has become very difficult to maintain routine and habits to the optimal level. But in order to, function efficiently and to put your body in full functioning capacity, here are five energy boosting foods to try:
- Honey: This natural sweetener is extremely low on the glycemic index and acts as muscle fuel, thus helping you to replenish the muscles during and post exercising. It is literally nature's counterpart to an energy drink that can be added to tea, water or even your yoghurt.
- Banana: One of the most popular and well loved energy foods, bananas being mostly composed of sugars, can provide a head-on energy boost.
- Nuts: They are extremely important in converting sugar into energy. Also, they are extremely handy to munch on when feeling lethargic or low in energy. Nuts like almonds, cashew nuts or hazelnuts are rich in magnesium and help to keep blood sugar levels even and supply protein to keep the hunger away.
- Cardamom: This popular spice is well known to help boost energy by promoting blood flow. Indulge in a cardamom laden curry or a tea infused with cardamom to combat low energy levels.
- Apples: Since they take much longer to digest in comparison to other fruits, these beautiful fruits provide a more prolonged energy boost. Being high in fiber, they're easy to carry around and munch on.
This is not an exhaustive list, and there are several more where they came from. Pick out the food items that are easily available for you and keep them at hand to pick you up when you function on low energy levels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!