Today, with rapid changes in our lifestyle choices, a number of diseases are on the rise. Fatty liver disease and liver cirrhosis are two such disorders. Some other diseases like jaundice and hepatitis can happen when the liver does not function the way it is supposed to. The liver is the body’s powerhouse and it produces fuel that keeps the other organs of the body functioning. It regulates the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, lipids and produces the bile that helps in digesting food. It also helps to maintain the glucose levels in our blood. That is why, when the liver is affected, it can lead to a number of ailments.
Some of the most common liver disorders are-
• Fatty liver disorder - When too much fat builds up around the liver, they make the tissues of the liver swell up and this can cause scarring of the liver tissues or liver fibrosis. Fatty liver disorder is the outcome of poor dietary choice, obesity or alcoholism. If you do not seek treatment for this disorder as soon as possible, your liver could be damaged permanently.
• Liver cirrhosis - When you consume alcohol in excess, the cells of the liver start to die and are replaced with scar tissues. These tissues do not allow blood to reach the liver and this leads to improper functioning of the organ. The damage is usually irreversible unless you start treatment in the early phases.
Homoeopathy for the treatment of liver disorders:
Homoeopathy is a holistic branch of medicines, which works on the principle of individualism.
• The symptoms of a disorder differ from person to person and the medicine that suits one may not suit others. Therefore, the doctor prescribes homoeopathy only after a detailed analysis of your condition and the symptoms. For example, medicines for fatty liver aim to cure this disease by curbing symptoms like abdominal pain, nausea, and fatigue. These medicines reduce the inflammation of the liver, ease nausea and vomiting, prevent bloating and help reduce weight.
• Since the damage caused to the liver cells is permanent, homoeopathy cannot reverse that. Therefore, the aim of homoeopathy is to prevent further deterioration of the cells, stop more complications from arising and to ensure that the liver can retain its basic functionality. Homoeopathic medicines do not allow water to accumulate, bring relief from pain, combat loss of appetite and energize the patient.
• Lastly, since the medicines are made of natural components, not only are they extremely effective, but they also do not cause any unpleasant disorders.
Liver disorders can ruin your life. However, if you take the right action at the right time and seek homoeopathic treatment you can go back to your normal lifestyle in no time.