Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient. So, here's all you need to know about laser hair removal:
* Precision: The laser beam that is set on to the skin gets absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles. Each pulse of this laser will take a nanosecond to treat many follicles at one time. The areas like the upper lip and the bikini line can be treated in a matter of minutes.
* Duration: Most people going through this treatment will require at least five to seven sessions so as to attain permanent hair loss.
* Preparation: The procedure does not merely consist of a process that zaps the unwanted hair. Considerable preparation has to go into it, especially since it a long term treatment method. Avoid waxing or electrolysis at least six weeks before the treatment as this may make the skin tender. Also, since the laser beams affect the hair roots that it can catch, it is best to have them grown out so that the procedure is more effective. Also, you will need to limit your time in the sun before going in for the procedure.
* Trimming: Before the procedure actually starts, the hair will require trimming. A few millimetres will be removed, just above the surface of the skin.
* Adjustments: Once the trimming is done, the laser equipment will be trained on your skin for a process of adjustment which will involve studying and adjusting as per the colour, thickness and the site of hair removal. Also, the adjustment will be done in terms of the skin colour.
* Protection: Before the laser pulses are administered, the expert will need to wear eye protection and cover the site of hair removal with a cooling gel that will protect the skin. Also, a test pulse will be administered on to a small patch first, in order to see if there is any reaction or inflammation.
* Aftermath: After the procedure, the application of anti-inflammatory creams and lotions will take place, following which the next session will be scheduled. Usually, the next session will be three to four weeks later.
You must make sure that you going to a well-known clinic where the laser hair removal process is conducted by an expert.
Varicose veins are twisted, enlarged superficial veins that typically appear in the feet and legs.
For many people, the condition is simply a cosmetic concern while for others varicose veins include symptoms like swelling, discomfort and aching.
What Causes Varicose Veins?
Doctors believe that damaged or weak valves may cause varicose veins. Arteries carry oxygenated blood from your heart to other parts of the body and the veins send it back to your heart for recirculation. The veins of your lower body need to work against gravity in order to return the blood to your heart.
Muscle contractions in the extremities act as pumps while the elastic vein walls send blood back to the heart. Small valves open in your veins as blood flows to your heart, and then close again to prevent the blood from flowing back. If these valves become damaged or weak, blood may flow back and accumulate in the veins, causing it to twist or stretch.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
You may experience the following signs if you have varicose veins –
• Discoloration of the veins – usually they appear blue or dark purple
• Legs feel heavy
• Itching around the affected veins
• Muscle cramps
• A throbbing, burning sensation
• Swelling and bruising
• Discomfort and pain the veins of the legs
The symptoms of varicose veins are quite prominent and require treatment. If the condition is not that severe, exercises and compression stockings may be prescribed to manage the symptoms. However, if you are looking for a long-term cure, laser treatment may be the best option for you.
Can Laser Treatment Cure Varicose Veins?
Your doctor may use highly focused laser beams to treat varicose veins. The laser emits heat, which forms scar tissues. The scar tissue closes the vein so it loses its source of blood and eventually dies. In a year or two, the vein is likely to disappear.
Here are the different types of laser treatment you can opt for –
• Simple Laser Treatment – The laser beams are focused on the outer surface of the skin. It helps cure the tiny veins that are located just beneath the skin. Normally, more than one session of laser treatment is required. Your doctor may schedule you for a session every 6-12 weeks.
• Endovenous Laser Treatment – This type of laser treatment is directed towards treating larger varicose veins that appear in the legs. The doctor passes a laser fiber through a catheter (a long, thin tube) into the veins. While doing this, he/she keeps a close watch on the veins through a duplex ultrasound screen.
Laser treatment is less painful than other procedures like vein stripping and ligation. The entire procedure can be done while you are on local anesthesia or sedatives. Moreover, the time for recovery is relatively short. You can expect to get back to your routine activities in a week or two following laser treatment.
Laser treatment is used for a variety of medical and cosmetic purposes. There are a number of hair and skin treatment methods that are conducted with the help of lasers. Most of the skin treatments using laser technology, are laser resurfacing for younger looking skin, employ light and sporadic bursts of beams. These beams are trained onto the skin of the patient to be absorbed by the chromophores, which contain water and other substances of the skin. This chromophore then turns this light energy into heat energy to destroy thin layers for the skin to heal and look younger. Many people have a misconception that this process may cause the skin to become extremely thin and fragile.
Yet, this is not true. Let us find out about the various kinds of laser methods and why they do not make the skin thin.
What is laser dentistry?
Laser dentistry is the use of lasers to treat a number of different dental conditions.
Laser dentistry potentially offers a more comfortable treatment option for a number of dental procedures involving hard or soft tissue compared to drills and other non-laser tools.
Laser stands for “light amplification by the stimulated emission of radiation.” the instrument creates light energy in a very narrow and focused beam. This laser light produces a reaction when it hits tissue, allowing it to remove or shape the tissue.
Laser dentistry is used in a variety of procedures, including:
Lasers can make dental treatments more efficient, cost-effective, and comfortable. The food and drug administration (FDA) has approved laser dentistry as a treatment option for several dental conditions.
People suffering from acne scars go through mental pressure as well as emotional problems. Studies have shown that people suffering from acne scars are more likely to suffer from anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, and low confidence. Typical causes of acne include bacteria, excess oil, and clogged hair follicles. The acne can get more severe due to some medications, stress, or diet.
Severe acne may be treated with proper medications but it leaves behind scars. These scars can be treated with the fractional CO2 laser. The method includes treatment of the scarred skin that results in healthy skin.
This method is opted by those who suffer from acne. The benefits of this method are:
This treatment comes with minimal discomfort that too only when some topical cream is applied to the skin.
This treatment works even on darker skin types, including Asian skin.
The recovery period of this treatment is 4 days or less.
During the procedure, several rays of the CO2 laser will create miniature holes (microscopic holes) below the surface of the skin to help generate the new collagen. This new and healthy collagen keeps the skin very youthful. Fractional CO2 works only on the affected area leaving the unaffected ones and this helps in speeding up the recovery.
Method of Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment
The whole treatment is performed using topical anaesthesia and a topical numbing cream is applied on the screen before an hour of the treatment starts. Throughout the procedure, the patient would be awake and may feel a little discomfort.
A session would hardly take an hour. During the hour you will feel the peeling of the skin and a slight sunburned sensation of the skin. This sensation on the skin will last for 4-5 days.
The treatment is customized according to the needs of the customer. There are two types of treatment:
Shallow treatment: The recovery period lasts for only 2-3 days as the treatment is not very critical.
Deeper treatment: Requires the holes to go deeper down the skin and would take more time to recover for around seven to ten days. However, the result of the treatment depends on the depth of the treatment.
After the treatment, there might be less noticeable scars and less aging signs along with all other skin conditions. The skin will start getting clearer. However, the actual result of the treatment will start showing after a week and will continue to show till six months. It is always advisable to consult an experienced and skilled dermatologist.