In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a known and popular form of Assisted Reproductive Technology. It is generally beneficial for couples who are facing complications in conceiving. IVF is an intricate procedure where the eggs extracted from a woman are manually combined with the sperm and the embryo is then placed inside the woman’s uterus. The success of IVF depends on various factors. Here are some important reasons why it is recommended to opt for IVF as quickly as possible.
- Age- As the age of a woman or man increases, the chances of conceiving rapidly decrease. Couples who plan on having a baby later in life can certainly take the help of IVF assistance to achieve fertility.
- Damaged Fallopian Tubes- If a woman’s fallopian tube is damaged or blocked, it could only get worse over time. There is very less possibility of it recovering into a normal fallopian tube. In case of tubal ligation, where the fallopian tubes are cut or blocked to avoid pregnancy, the sooner IVF is done, the more likely is the woman to conceive a child.
- Egg and Sperm Count- Abnormal sperm size, below average sperm concentration, low motility or strength can make it difficult for a sperm to fertilize an egg. If the egg or sperm count is very low, it greatly reduces the possibility of getting pregnant. However, if an external force is provided, the fertilization becomes quite possible. Hence, IVF should be done quickly before sperm levels further decrease.
- Genetic Disorders- The IVF procedure has an option of a genetic diagnosis before implantation. This way, the embryo can be safeguarded from genetic disorders that could be passed on from the parents. Only embryos that do not contain any known problems are eventually transferred to the uterus.
- Time- With the passage of time, not only does your body go against fertilization, even the cost of the procedure could increase. As technology keeps advancing on a daily basis, the cost of IVF is also likely to grow. This could make it more difficult to go for this option in the future.
There are many cases where infertility still remains unexplained. Even advanced studies are unable to point out the exact problems in certain couples. In such cases, IVF is a dependable procedure. It definitely increases the possibility of conceiving and has helped several couples experience the joy of parenthood. So, if you are planning to opt for the IVF procedure, it is recommended that you start the process without further delay.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!