People say that marriage makes a man and woman complete, but it is a child that completes a family!
Sadly, World Health Organization (WHO) researchers claim that in 2010, 48.5 million couples worldwide were unable to have a child. Nevertheless, thanks to the Medical science elevations, that invented (IVF) In vitro fertilization, which is the panacea of all the infertility ailments.
However, there are several factors that play a crucial role in deciding the outcome of the IVF procedures. They are:
- Age: The age is considered the foremost IVF success factor, and younger women have higher chances of IVF success. Statistics of the live birth IVF success rate for women under 35 are 40 percent whereas women over age 42 have a 4 percent success rate. Women above 42 has 4% live birth rates with her own eggs.
- Previous Pregnancy: If a woman was conceived a child with the same partner that is currently undergoing IVF treatment, then there is a greater probability of IVF success. A history of recurrent miscarriage or a different partner tends to significantly reduce the chances of IVF success.
- Type of infertility problem: Problems like uterine abnormalities, exposure to DES or fibroid tumors decrease the likelihood of success with IVF along with some male infertility problems. The IVF success factors are also majorly dependent on ovulation, hence ovarian dysfunction, like high FSH levels that indicate a low ovarian reserve, may be a cause of worry.
- Use of donor eggs: If a woman is over 35-40, donor eggs become a significant consideration, as there may be a higher rate of IVF success. The probability of pregnancy for women over 40 also increases if donor eggs are from younger women.
- Lifestyle habits: Women who have poor lifestyle habits have a much lesser IVF success rate. Also, being obese or underweight can increase the risk of infertility as well as miscarriage. Most importantly, women who smoke can face multiple problems, such as:
- They require higher dosages of fertility drugs to stimulate their ovaries.
- They require almost twice as many IVF attempts.
- They experience more failed fertilization cycles.
- Fertility clinic: A reliable, licensed clinic for IVF procedure is of great importance as they will have well trained and experienced staff to conduct the IVF procedure. Also, in a good clinic, the laboratory and technology used by the clinic will be of required standards that can add up to the success factor.
Every month, IVF clinics see a substantial amount of childless couple walking in with despair but later walking out with their bundle of joy. As it is always said, “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement”, it is recommended to pay a visit to the clinic, go through the initial screening and hope for the best.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!