A couple endures a lot when planning for a pregnancy. Years of planning can make the bond between the partners strong, but it shakes their hope and confidence. IVF is a boon for couples who had to put up with infertility for years. But the emotional upheavals are not easy to handle. The emotional stress and anxiety can have a negative impact on the IVF treatment. Sadly, while many couples are aware of this, they cannot come out of it easily.
- Choose the right people: People are nosy, especially when a woman is not getting pregnant for long. This can certainly irk any woman. If social pressure has already ensured and your confidence levels are low, you will stay aloof. Initially, you would be happy to stay off from unwanted people but this is not going to work for long. After some time, you would be dwelling in your own state of mind, and this just adds to the anxiety. The best option is to mingle with the right set of people. Find your well-wishers and stop isolating yourself. You can also join the support groups and spend quality time with empathetic people.
- Stop worrying and start living: Concentrate on the day, and do not worry about the future. Live in day-tight compartments. Thinking too much can make one emotionally fragile, and eventually end up in imaginary fears. Create a tight schedule for you, and follow it religiously. You cannot afford to let your mind stay free for more than 30 minutes. Yes, keep yourself occupied.
- Equip yourself updated with info: This is one area where you can explore. There are women who conceived naturally even after 40 years of age. A few women had failed multiple pregnancies through IVF but succeeded by being strong. Find the expert in this genre. Zero down the best clinic and the doctor. You will be able to find a successful doctor. You also get to know the best questions to ask your doctor.
- Maintaining equilibrium: If you are successful in maintaining composure, it means that your journey half successful already. Work with your partner about the treatment plan, and workout on the financial part of the IVF treatment. This helps you to turn a deaf ear to the insensitive questions. It is not only the external trigger that can create an emotional disturbance. You can try various stress-busting techniques. It need not be yoga, exercise always. Spend quality time with spouse, friends, or even watch your favorite play. Spend hours on the beach, or take a break from work, and immerse yourself in enjoyment.
- Speak to your doctor: At times, emotional upheaval can be because of the drugs you take, or hormonal imbalances. So, the doctor will help you out here, and nothing else can. Trust your doctor, and understand the IVF treatment process. It is safe and successful most of the times.
Only when you are off from the emotional disturbances, you will be able to find the solution. Infertility can affect the quality of your life. But, it is a part and parcel of your life. Do not let it ruin your life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!