Have you and your partner decided to complete your family by having a baby? Are you unable to conceive even after trying really hard? You are not alone. There are many couples who are facing this problem. But there is nothing to worry about at all. Latest and advanced science is offering solutions for this problem. When none of them are working for you, you should try In Vitro Fertilization or IVF. During IVF treatment, men have as vital a role to play as women. A man needs to really support and care for his partner during this period.
Here is a guide for men for IVF treatment:
- Keep a check on your weight: If you are overweight, then your sperm will be affected. Also, some studies have shown that the mobility of the sperm is affected by obesity. It will also affect the sperm count when your BMI value is too high. So, it is always good to maintain the BMI levels required, based on your height, age and gender.
- Temperature of the sperm: If you are a cyclist or use a laptop for extended time periods by keeping it on your lap, then the production of sperm could be affected because it is going to increase the temperature of the testicles. Make sure that you take care of this.
- Make changes to your lifestyle: If you smoke or drink, then you will have to make sure that you cut down or stop because this is going to affect not just the quality of the sperm but also the quantity of the sperm. Smoking decreases the mobility of the sperm.
- Healthy diet: A healthy diet means healthy sperm quality and quantity. So, you should always keep a check on what you are eating. You will have high fertility levels if you consume green vegetables, fresh fruits and pulses as part of your daily diet. You should cut down on processed food and make sure that you are eating fresh and healthy food.
- Regular Exercise: You will have to maintain good health and for that, you need regular exercise. You do not need to join the gym and lift weights. You can do a few exercises at home. Exercising can also help to get rid of anxiety and stress and help you to stay healthy.
Get advice from experts as they can help you with tips to follow during the IVF treatment or when you are preparing yourself for the IVF treatment. You and your partner can do these things together and achieve better results.