How Acupuncture can help beat Indigestion?
Indigestion or dyspepsia may not be a disease in itself, but it may be symptomatic of digestive tract diseases such as peptic ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) etc. If you are among the individuals who suffer from acute bouts of belching, nausea, heartburns, and discomfort after eating, take action before it becomes a nuisance to the quality of your life.
Mostly related to unhealthy dietary habits, clinical statistics show indigestion, especially functional dyspepsia, can be potentially cured by ancient Chinese acupuncture techniques. In the rare cases of research that has happened in this field, acupuncture showed greater effectiveness compared to the use of conventional medicinal drugs such as mosapride.
Causes of Indigestion
Indigestion may result from various factors that cause an imbalance in our body. Acupuncture relies on the ability of the acupuncturist to detect the cause of indigestion and treat it likewise. The major causes of indigestion include -
How acupuncture cures indigestion?
• Acupuncture is an 8000-year-old technique that uses needles inserted at specific points in the body, depending on the ailment, to ensure a balanced flow of energy or qi. When this flow of energy is disrupted, we suffer from physiological disorders.
• In acupuncture, it is believed that indigestion results from increased energy flow to the liver that impairs the functioning of the spleen. Specific puncture points on the abdominal region help to redistribute this energy imbalance.
• Besides curing indigestion, acupuncture improves your overall digestive health by stimulating blood flow to the various organs related to digestion.
• The efficiency of acupuncture in curing indigestion has been verified by research to have substantial and long-lasting effects in combatting indigestion.
• Although acupuncture sessions can cause mild soreness and fatigue, it is often a better alternative to using medications regularly.
• The role of the acupuncturist is crucial in the treatment of indigestion as the efficiency of a session depends on the correct identification of the underlying cause.
If you are suffering from chronic indigestion that leaves you uncomfortable and irritated for large parts of the day, consulting an acupuncturist can relieve you from having to resort to medicines regularly. Acupuncture cures indigestion by focusing on your specific needs and improving the overall efficacy of the concerned organs and consequently our general wellness.