Importance Of IVF!
Written and reviewed by
IVF Specialist, Raipur
IVF treatment is important as it helps many patients who would be otherwise unable to conceive. There are many reasons why IVF treatment is necessary. They are as follows.
- It helps patients who are unable to conceive: Patients who are unable to conceive normally have to undergo IVF to be able to conceive. IVF helps such patients to be able to have children. Women who have blocked fallopian tubes or damaged fallopian tubes can greatly increase their chances of having a baby via IVF.
- It is also the best option for them Male infertility: Those couples who have a male infertility problem will have a much higher chance of conceiving with IVF. The chances of conceiving naturally for such couples are low. They have to depend on IVF as this is their best option.
- Patients who are older: Patients who are older or have low ovarian reserves can maximise their chances of having a baby through IVF.
- Safe track record: IVF has been used for a really long time and it has proved not only to be successful but also safe. Advancements in technology have further made the process safer. It has a great track record for safety. Women undergoing IVF do not face any health risks at all.
- It can be more successful than IUI: IVF success rates have kept on increasing over the years and it will increase even more in the future. The success rate of IVF has kept on going high. Though there are other forms of assisted reproduction technology and IUi, IVF has been more successful than them. The other forms of conceiving have not achieved as much success as IVF has achieved.
- Unused embryos can be donated to another couple pr used for research: The unused embryos do not go to waste. They can be used for research purposes which helps in the advancement of medical science. They can also be donated to another couple and this will allow them to have a baby. Either way it is a win win situation.
- Embryos can be screened to detect inherited diseases: IVF is a very useful and reliable way to ensure that inherited diseases are not passed onto the child. This process is very helpful for people who are known carriers of genetic disorders. This process makes sure that their disorders are not passed onto their children. Pre-implantation genetic screening is known to improve the chances of a successful result. In this process the embryos are screened to detect disorders like chromosomal disorders like Down’s syndrome.
We hope this article has been helpful in addressing your queries regarding IVF treatment and the need for it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
6493 people found this helpful