The sweltering and scorching summers can bring life to a standstill. Monsoon provides the much needed relief, people long for. However, with merits come the demerits. In the excitement, do not neglect your health. The humid and damp weather can affect your health immensely. Many fungal and bacterial infections are common during the monsoon season. These infections can have a huge impact on the overall health. Skin and hair problems are also on the rise during this season. Thus, one needs to be careful about their diet and healthcare regime. Time and again, herbal remedies have proved their effectiveness in dealing with the various monsoon related health problems.
Herbal Remedies for skin problems:
- Acne, pimples, skin eruptions and rashes are common during monsoon. For people with oily skin, the situation gets worse. It is important to keep the skin clean and hydrated. For a healthy, blemish free skin, it is important to flush out the toxins. Drink 6 - 8 glasses (2-3 litres) of water daily.
- For oily skin, it is best to use a mixture of cucumber juice and rose water on the face. This mixture helps to reduce the oiliness of the face.
- Neem and Fenugreek (both leaves and seeds) are excellent herbs for the skin. Applying neem paste on acne, skin rash and pimples provides great relief. One can also wash the face with neem water (boiled overnight and sieved). Apply a paste of freshly grinded fenugreek leaves on the face to ward off skin eruptions.
- Sandalwood paste mixed with rose water effectively deals with acne and pimples. It provides a great cooling effect.
- Manjistha is useful against skin rashes.
- The antiseptic properties of turmeric are known to all. A mixture of chickpea flour (besan), milk and turmeric is an effective facial and body scrub. Use of aloe vera gel can also prove to be beneficial.
Herbal Remedies for Hair problems:
- Hair fall, itchy scalp and dandruff problems are common during monsoon. It is very important to keep the scalp clean and healthy.
- Aloe vera can greatly check and reverse the hair fall problem. Aloe vera hair mask is an effective herbal remedy to treat itchy scalp.
- Use of Amla, reetha and shikakai go a long way to control and prevent the hair fall and other hair related problems.
- Turmeric, ginger, honey, amla and tulsi are excellent herbal options to deal with cold and cough.
- Include lots of fruits, vegetables, avocados, berries and nuts into your diet.
- Avoid coffee and sweetened beverages. Opt for herbal tea instead.
- Avoid fast and processed foods completely.
This monsoon, do not let the health problems dampen your spirits. Embrace the goodness of herbal remedies and enjoy the season like never before.