Hearing Loss Due To Loud Noise
Written and reviewed by
MASTER IN AUDIOLOGY SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY, BACHELOR IN AUDIOLOGY SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY
Para Clinical Expert, Sikar
6 years experience
- Nihl is the only type of hearing loss that is completely preventable. If you understand the hazards of noise and how to practice good hearing health, you can protect your hearing for life. Here’s how:
- Know which noises can cause damage (those at or above 85 decibels).
- Wear earplugs or other protective devices when involved in a loud activity (activity-specific earplugs and earmuffs are available at hardware and sporting goods stores).
- If you can’t reduce the noise or protect yourself from it, move away from it.
- Be alert to hazardous noises in the environment.
- Protect the ears of children who are too young to protect their own.
- Make family, friends, and colleagues aware of the hazards of noise.
- Have your hearing tested if you think you might have hearing loss.
found this helpful