Dt. Aastha Singhal
90% (345 ratings)
BSc - Food & Applied Nutrition, MSc - Food & Applied Nutrition
6 years experience
- Caffeine is the most frequently used central nervous system stimulant in the world. Drinking coffee offers a boost of energy and a lift in well being.
- Coffee appears to be more effective than tea is because some of its components may counteract the negative effects of depression.
- Coffee also contains chlorogenic acid, ferulic acid, and caffeic acid. These acids can reduce the inflammation of nerve cells that takes place in the brain of people with depression.
- We hear a lot about the negative effects of caffeine on our health, but it turns out that caffeine has its good points too. Research from the Harvard School of Public Health found that women who drank a minimum of four cups of coffee per day could lower their risk of depression by 20 per cent.
- So, we can say The risk of depression appears to decrease with increased coffee and caffeine consumption.
found this helpful