Hair transplant is regarded as one of the most common cosmetic procedures, mostly undergone by male patients. Hair transplant could come to great help for all those, who are facing the problem of alopecia or hair loss and cannot afford to bear the cost of hair restoration surgery.
Hair Transplant is kind of surgery that helps to move hair, which people already have, to fill up areas having very less or no hair.
The procedure is carried out in the following manner:
- The surgeon first cleans up one’s scalp and injects medicine in order to make the back of one’s neck totally numb.
- Then the doctor would choose either of the two methods for transplant, Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) or Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
- Through the method of FUSS, the surgeon goes on to remove at least 6 to 10 inch strip of skin from the back of one’s head. The surgeon puts the part aside and closes the scalp by sewing it. The area gets hidden immediately by the hair that surrounds it.
- Next thing involves, the surgeon’s team dividing the strip that got removed from the scalp, into 500 to 2000 small grafts, with each containing a hair or few hairs.
- After the grafts are prepared, the surgeon cleans up and then goes on to make the area numb where the hair would go in. Subsequently, holes are created and each graft is placed in one of the holes.
- Depending upon the exact size of transplant that an individual gets, the process usually takes around 4 to 8 hours.
Benefits of Hair Transplant
There are several benefits which people, who are suffering from hair loss, should consider and hence, go for hair transplant. The benefits include:
- Hair transplant being a painless, simple procedure, without inflicting any scar on the patient, it is recommended for those suffering hair loss due to several reasons.
- Looks are important for each and every individual and some people become extremely particular about the way they present themselves. So, hair transplant can help all those people get their looks back, who tend to suffer as a result of hair loss.
- One of the major benefits is, once the hair follicle gets transplanted, it would continue to grow along with the hair and can be cut, styled in a similar manner, just like a woman would have done with her original hair.
- Another important benefit is that hair transplant procedure needs minimum maintenance on the part of the patients to take care of the areas that have been worked upon. The reason is that the transplanted hair absolutely works like normal hair, so there is no need for people to use any type of special chemicals or shampoos so as to maintain the exact density.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!