Hair Extensions, also known as hair weaves, is a process of adding length to the human hair. Hair extensions usually tend to be clipped, glued or sewed on to other hair by getting additional human or synthetic hair incorporated into it.
Some of the methods of hair extensions include, clip in extension, fusion method and weaving method.
Before discussing about some of the methods, let us take a closer look at what exactly hair extension is all about:
Hair weaving is utilization of human or artificial hair for getting them integrated with a person’s natural hair. Weaves can assist in changing a person’s appearance for short or long periods of time by having additional hair put to a person’s natural hair or by getting the natural hair covered altogether with either human or synthetic hairpieces.
Weaving of additional human or synthetic pieces of hair can enhance a person’s hair by giving it the required volume, length as well as add colour without getting the chemicals damaged or adopt a totally different hair texture than that of their own.
Tape-In Hair Extensions:
During Tape-In Hair Extensions, the extensions are pre-taped and then they are glued together on both the sides of one’s own hair. In a typical manner, any hairdresser would put in tape-ins for a people as they need to put them in line to the roots and they get applied with a heated tool, which tends to heat the glue up. In addition to it, one needs to remove them and get once again have them reinstalled. In a natural manner, when heat is applied to the roots and followed by application of any adhesive product like tape or glue, hair gets damaged.
Sew-In Hair Weaves or Extensions:
Weave hair gets applied by getting the natural hair braided into a corn row initially and then the extensions have to be attached through the use of a needle and thread and then get threaded through the corn row. Weave hair extensions are mostly used for all those people who have thicker hair purely because of the manner in which they are applied. The weave application is a very lengthy process and is tightly applied that often tends to put a strain on the scalp and hence feel very heavy and uncomfortable.
Fusion hair extensions usually form a bond with the natural hair by the use of different kinds of adhesives like glue. Application of fusion hair extension takes maximum 3-4 hours, which can be applied by hairdressers. This fusion extension is not suitable for all kinds of clients as this process is harmful for the natural hair.
The way you look affects the way you feel. A lack of security about one's appearance can hamper his or her overall confidence. Being overly concerned about one's physical appearance does not always result from vanity. It could be the plain and simple desire of being acceptable to oneself. Hair plays an important role in the process. Premature hair thinning, receding hairline, increased hair fall and other problems related to your scalp are directly proportional to your psychological health. Therefore, a little knowledge about alternative ways to accelerate hair growth can prove to be significant in dire times of need.
What are Hair Plugs?
Hair plugs are no more the best deal for hair regeneration in present times. This practice was mostly prevalent in the 1950s when other effective ways of hair transplant weren't heard of. In this process, strands of hair were removed from the back of your scalp, which had more hair in comparison to the centre of the scalp, only to be implanted in the balding area. Circular slits were made in the balding area to extract tissues and enable successful implantation. Once, hair transplant was conducted, you were left with injuries. These injuries would heal with due time or they would be stitched up by your doctor.
Hair Transplant: an overview
Hair transplant can be understood as an umbrella term for multiple procedures used to enhance hair growth. The most widely applied method is known as Magnified Follicular Unit Micrografting. A surgeon is required to transplant hair from the 'donor site' to the 'recipient site'. Hair follicles can be taken from any part of your body to be implanted onto your scalp. While transplanting, the surgeon carries a graft from one part of the body to another; a graft consists of the hair follicle, bulb and surrounding tissues.
Why are hair transplants preferred to hair plugs?
Related Tip: "When to Go for Hair Transplant"
Dyeing one's hair has become a modern fashion trend. Streaks, highlighting with a blond color or changing the hair color altogether is done often to alter one's looks. However most hair colors contain chemical ammonia which causes hair to become brittle and dry. Here are a few tips to color your hair and keep it fabulous, all at the same time. Read on more to find all about it.
One of the most important things to consider before coloring your hair. Deep condition your hair. Avoid applying chemicals to your hair one month prior to the actual coloring. This helps in reducing the damage your hair takes during coloring. It also revitalizes your hair which it received via styling or heat.
Male pattern baldness and other kinds of baldness can turn out to be a pesky affair that also eventually might have a bearing on your confidence level. A hair transplant is an excellent way of dealing with this issue. This method usually takes the hair follicles from the donor site and implants them on the scalp where male pattern balding has set in. While this is an effective and commonly used process, it also comes with minor scars and other issues. There are many things which you must take care of, after the procedure. Here are a few of those things.
1. Scars: The procedure will leave you with a few scars as you wait for the hair to grow back from the replaced follicles. There may also be a little bit of swelling or inflammation at the site of the transplant which may cause irritation. Ask your surgeon for medication which will bring down the swelling. You must make sure that you do not touch or scratch the surface under any circumstances.
2. Elevation: After the procedure, as mentioned before, there will be some amount of swelling. So, it is important to keep your head in an elevated position so as to ensure that there is no extra swelling in the head. For this, you may have to sleep with your head on two pillows so as to keep the head propped up. Also, you may want to sleep or relax in a reclining chair for a few days until the swelling subsides.
3. Physical Activity: Sweating will make the scar and swelling even itchier. So it is imperative that you shy away from physical activities like workouts and running. Also, you may want to stay out of the sun, or even avoid a trip to the sauna for a few days as the exposure may lead to sweating.
4. Hygiene: The area around the scar and your scalp, in general, must be kept clean. Use mild shampoos and medication to keep the numbness and irritation at bay so that the scars get enough time to recover.
5. Food: In order to help the scar recover faster, you will need to avoid food that is too spicy as this usually has an adverse effect on the incisions and scars after any surgical procedure. These spices usually create a lot of heat and can cause further swelling, redness and other symptoms. Excessive alcohol consumption must also be avoided.
There are a number of things that you can take care of after a hair transplant procedure in order to recover faster and be comfortable until the hair growth starts.