If you are into healthy eating, but like a dose of fat in your diet, we have a surprise for you. Not all fats are unhealthy. Saturated fats should be taken as a part of your diet while trans-fat should be banished. There are a lot of fats that are healthy and can actually help in promoting good health.
So, read on to know how to eat lots of fat and still be healthy:
1. Avocados: The fat in Avocados is monosaturated. Other than fats, Avocados provides potassium, fibre, magnesium, folate & vitamin E. Hence, it provides great nutritional benefits and can be taken in moderate quantities.
2. Eggs: The fats found in eggs are considered healthy. Moderate consumption of eggs is not associated with increased heart disease risk in healthy individuals. Though eggs contain cholesterol, it is also rich in protein, biotin, choline, vitamin A & antioxidants lutein & zeaxanthin. Choline is needed to produce acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter for memory, mood, muscle control and other brain and nervous system functions. Thus, eggs, being a good source of choline & other nutrients, should be consumed in moderate amount.
3. Fish: Fish has proven health benefits thanks to the omega three fatty acids which can actually aid you in your weight loss journey and keep your heart healthy. This lean protein also helps in giving you essential nutrition when ingested on a regular basis.
4. Seed Oil: Sunflower, olive oil and flaxseed oil have healthy fats with proven health benefits for everyone. The fats present in this kind of oil are very healthy and can actually help in retaining the good health of bones.
5. Nuts: Dry fruit, almonds, figs, pistachios and raisins help in giving you your daily dose of natural fats that are healthy. You can munch on these for essential vitamins and minerals along with the fat content.
Improve your overall health as well as the quality of your hair and skin with these essential and healthy fats!