Dandruff - How Can It Impact Your Skin?
Dr. Aakriti Mehra
85% (10 ratings)
11 years experience
Dandruff also known as Seborrhea, is the white flakes that you may notice on your scalp or skin. It is generally caused due to dryness. Dandruff can only be controlled and not absolutely cured. It can give rise to other skin problems as well. The following are the ways in which your skin may be adversely affected due to dandruff:
- Pimples may pop out: Due to dandruff, pimples may pop out on your skin. If the white flakes fall on your T-zone region, the facial area which is more prone to pimples may have some of them in that region.
- Problem of pigmentation: The pimples leave behind dark spots all over your skin leading to the embarrassing problem of pigmentation. Dandruff makes the condition even bad.
- Chest rashes may appear: If your dandruff becomes uncontrollable then it keeps falling all over your body. This may lead to the break out of chest rashes.
- Acne: Acne is another distressing problem that may be the result of dandruff. This also promotes the break out of pimples and red rashes on your skin.
- Facial rashes: Facial rashes may also appear in many cases. Rashes can be seen near the eyebrow or forehead region. In case of men, beard rashes are also common.
- Itchy scalp: Dandruff gives you an itchy scalp. This further makes the condition of dandruff worse and the skin of your scalp becomes scaly resulting in further problems.
- Eczema and psoriases are unfavourably affected: Skin problems like eczema and psoriases become far worse due to dandruff.
- Inflammation and redness: Dandruff may cause your facial skin to suffer from the problems of inflammation and redness.
It is highly recommended for you to use natural remedies and good hair care products to control your dandruff so that your skin is not much affected. But if it is uncontrollable, visiting a dermatologist is a must.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful