Getting married, having children, living the family life is an age-old phenomenon dating back to the mythological era. It's almost every married couple's dream to complete the picture with offspring of their own. It has also become a social status of sorts especially in a country like ours where the people are united by cast, color, creed and religion. The religious beliefs have often led to some couples facing the wrath of the society for no fault of their own simply because they had no offspring. There are many stories in Indian mythology that point to surrogacy, artificial insemination in ways that are a little difficult to believe. A man stood validated as, upon siring a male child. Such was the thinking in the mythological times.
- The problem of no offspring lay in the fact that sometimes nature had other plans in store, sometimes destiny dictated otherwise. Sometimes health issues prevented the couple from being able to conceive. In the olden days, they would have faced a lot of acrimony from friends, relatives and generally people at large, the lady in question would be branded all sorts of names simply because she is unable to have a child, the men too would face dissent. In the late 19th and for quite a while in the 20th century, society had formed some peculiarities which almost penalized the couples unable to have children in many ways, some under the guise of advice and others on their face. It was a social issue.
- But as with all things scientific and technological, Medicine too was one field which saw giant strides in the study and cure of the human body. Naturally babies, birth and conception too came under its purview. When the first test tube baby was born, the world knew they had found a solution to this problem too. Now couples could consider a Test Tube Baby Center and an Infertility Specialist to help them fulfill their dream.
- Specialists offer couples a comprehensive fertility assessment session wherein they analysis the reasons and the medical issues behind their inability to conceive. The assessment involves learning about the medical history, conducting tests and procedures that help identify and isolate the problem. Sometimes a small surgery is all that is needed to resolve the problem. With some, it may be just a matter of getting the system to work the way it should and conception can happen naturally. It's case dependent.
- As with all things new, this concept too saw its own share of doubts and misconceptions, its own share of biased opinions, some even threw it under the scanner for "tampering with nature". Many uneducated elders thought that this was the work of evil forces and children born of this method were the "devils incarnate". People's religious beliefs created a lot of fear among couples who felt that this was the best option for them. It was with trepidation that they would think of approaching a Test tube baby Center to help them have a family.
- This is a place where all the facilities are under one roof. They conduct their own tests and procedures which gives the Infertility Specialist a clear and unhampered result. Now along with a urology specialist, they can narrow down the problem areas and start treatment accordingly.