Numerous ladies encounter some bleeding in early pregnancy. Around one in four perceived pregnancies end in an unnatural miscarriage. Most are brought about by irregularities in the genes. Continuously tell your specialist in case you have vaginal bleeding when you are pregnant. Bleeding with pain can likewise be an indication of an ectopic pregnancy. However, it is to be taken seriously and needs dire therapeutic care. Losing a pregnancy can be hard for both the partners. In any case, most couples that encounter this will go ahead to have an effective pregnancy next time. Here are a few reasons why bleeding takes place in early pregnancy:
- Numerous women may have a small amount of bleeding during their missed period. Sometimes, this may also be called an implantation bleed. It happens when the prepared egg inserts itself in the mass of your womb (uterus). In such cases, it is considered harmless.
- The most widely recognised reason for bleeding is an early premature delivery. Miscarriage is the loss of a pregnancy at any time until the twenty- fourth week. A miscarriage after this time is known as a stillbirth.
- A less normal reason for bleeding during pregnancy is an ectopic pregnancy. This is a pregnancy that happens outside the womb. It happens in about one in every hundred pregnancies.
- Smoking increases your chances of bleeding and miscarriage.
- Drinking a lot of liquor can also cause the same. Drinking four units of liquor a week (one unit is a large portion of a half quart) can increase the risk of a miscarriage to four times.
- Using recreational medications can lead to bleeding.
- Have had fertility issues in the past or having taken a long time to conceive may also create such a condition.
- Having any complications with womb (uterus) can cause bleeding.
- Have certain medical conditions (for instance, systemic lupus erythematosus, antiphospholipid disorder) may also cause the same.
- Have diabetes that is not controllable can lead to bleeding at this time.
- Have specific infections like listeria and German measles (rubella) may cause bleeding during pregnancy.
You need to report any bleeding in pregnancy to your specialist. It is essential to get the right conclusion, as unsuccessful labour is not by any means the only aim of vaginal bleeding. In case that you are bleeding intensely or have serious stomach pain when you are pregnant, call an ambulance immediately.
Women with bleeding in early pregnancy need to see an obstetrician. It is important to have an ultrasound check. This is normally done by inserting a little probe inside the vagina. This helps figure out if the bleeding is happening due to:
- A possible miscarriage
- A premature delivery (no pulse is seen).
- Some other reason for bleeding, (for example, an ectopic pregnancy)
- In case that it is unclear from your ultrasound check whether the pregnancy is sound or not, then you might need to go for a repeat scan in two weeks.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!