Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure wherein excess fat and skin are removed to flatten the abdomen. In most of the cases, this surgery is performed to bring back weakened or separated muscles creating a smooth and firm abdomen. When diet and exercise fail to help an individual get the abdominal profile he or she may be looking for, the surgery is performed.
What causes fat and skin buildup around your abdominal region?
Irrespective of the body proportion or body weight you may have, you can still develop an abdomen that sticks out or is loose and flabby. Aging, pregnancy, heredity, changes in weight and surgery are a few of the common causes of the buildup of excess fat and skin around this area.
Who can opt for this surgery?
- The procedure is suitable for both men and women. - If you are a woman who has had several pregnancies, the surgery can help to reduce the extra skin that gets formed as well as tighten your abdominal muscles.
- - The procedure can help both men and women who have extra flab to get rid of the fat deposits that get settled around the belly region. Even loose skin can be corrected through this procedure.
Types of Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck surgery is of 2 types:
- Complete tummy tuck- In this classical form of tummy tuck, the abdomen is cut from the hipbone to hipbone before the skin, tissue or muscle is contoured as needed. During this surgery, the belly button is moved and drainage tubes are placed under your skin.
- Partial tummy tuck- This form of mini tummy tuck is usually performed on individuals whose fat deposits are present below the belly button. Usually lasting about 2 hours and unlike complete tummy tuck, it does not involve surgically moving the belly button.
Benefits can you expect:
Regarding benefits, the procedure is known to offer the following:
- Tightened abdominal muscles for a flat abdomen.
- Improved body contour, especially of the abdomen.
- Improved confidence of the person.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!