Health Feed
tab_logos
About
tab_logos
Health Feed

Benefits of Jaljeera And Its Side Effects

Last Updated: Dec 09, 2022

Topic Image

The wonder drink, Jaljeera, is consumed by people for various purposes. It does not only help in weight loss but also in treating diseases like scurvy. It is an excellent drink and people do not have to think much about the calorie content in it. Acidity, nausea, menstrual cramps and even constipation can be treated by drinking Jaljeera.

It is a nutritious drink that helps to cool the body. The beverage works wonders for digestion and is a much loved drink in summer. It is a thirst quencher and a better option than aerated beverages that contain a lot of calories. It soothes the tummy because of the ginger content present in it and that helps to treat pain caused due to abdominal cramps. It is a flavored drink and people enjoy drinking it chilled. It aids in digestion and provides relief from acidity and heartburn.

Jaljeera

In India many people prefer drinking jaljeera especially during the summer. The flavor of this drink is very relishing. It is a desirable drink that provides a lot of health benefits. It is a refreshing drink and is mainly consumed by people to help in digestion process and get relief from intestinal gas. It also provides relief from heartburn. The natural health drink is very tasty and the pH level of the body is also maintained by drinking jaljeera.

Jaljeera recipe

You can make a perfect glass of jaljeera by following the given steps:

• Make a mixture of all the condiments and spices like mango powder, black salt, ginger and lemon
  • Add the ingredients to a glass of cold water
  • Mix it well and have it chilled

Nutritional Value of Jaljeera

In one glass of this refreshing drink the amount of calories present are 7. It is a low calorie drink and the calorie breakdown is 67% fat, 33% carbohydrates and 0% protein. The sodium present in it is about 1,032mg and it does not contain any cholesterol or saturated fats.

The best part is that it does not contain any sugar nor does it contain polyunsaturated, monounsaturated and trans fat in it. Jaljeera is usually served before lunch or dinner and as an appetizer. It not only boosts up your zest but it also helps in digestion of all the food that you have eaten all through the day.

Nutritional facts Per 1 glass

Calories
Total Fat
1,032mg
Sodium
Total Carbohydrate

Health Benefits of Jaljeera

Topic Image
Mentioned below are the best health benefits of Jaljeera

Supports The Digestion Process

Black salt present in Jaljeera is very beneficial, as it fights intestinal gas and helps in the process of digestion. It is a splendid drink that cools the body and rehydrates it. It is an excellent drink which can be had especially when the temperature is very high.

It is a traditional drink and consuming it before the meals helps to build the appetite of an individual. It also helps in activating the digestive juices as well as the taste buds. It even provides relief from heartburn.

Treats Nausea

Health conditions such as, giddiness and nausea can be treated by drinking jaljeera as it contains important ingredient like ginger and lemon in it. It is good to sip jaljeera while experiencing the feeling of vomiting.

Helps in Detoxification

Jaljeera has very low calories present in it. Individuals can enjoy drinking this drink without worrying about the calories present in it. It helps to detoxify the toxins and is the best drink for summer. The drink contains healthy spices and is effective in reducing the body heat and keeping it cool.

Helps In Weight Loss

Many people drink Jaljeera for weight loss. The benefit is experienced mainly because of the ingredient cumin seeds present in the Jaljeera. It is beneficial to drink Jaljeera twice a day for individuals who want to lose weight as it suppresses the appetite and individual tends to intake fewer calories. Drinking Jaljeera twice a day is also helpful in fighting constipation. It is a care-free drink for calorie conscious people.

Helpful in Treating Menstrual Cramps

It is very difficult for women to deal with menstrual cramping, abdominal pain etc. However, jaljeera is known to give immediate relief to the uneasiness and pain during menstrual cramps.

Best for Acidity

People suffering from severe acidity can drink Jaljeera. At times after rich meals when people feel heavy, jaljeera can help to soothe the uneasiness. The chances of acidity are reduced by having this drink.

Rich in Vitamin C

Jaljeera contains mango powder, which is very rich in Vitamin C. Immune system of an individual can be improved by having Jaljeera as it contains vitamin C. This is why it also helps to treat diseases like scurvy.

Helps Treat Anemia

Drinking Jaljeera is very beneficial as it is a rich source of iron. Jeera is an important ingredient present in Jaljeera which helps in preventing anemia. The splendid and tasty drink enhances the immunity of the body and women should drink Jaljeera mainly for this reason.

Jaljeera contains the most vital mineral-iron in it that is very useful in forming the RBCs or red blood corpuscles in the body. It also helps in increases the count of hemoglobin in the bloodstream and drinking Jaljeera helps to fight against iron deficiency.

Gives Relief From Gas

Jaljeera drink helps to reduce the gas formed in the stomach. At times when you feel bloated it is best to drink Jaljeera, gradually it will help to provide relief from gas in the stomach.

Helps in Morning Sickness

Pregnant women can also drink this nutritious drink which helps in getting relief from morning sickness during pregnancy. It is preferable that this flavored drink is consumed by women mainly during the hot summer months.

Reduces Water Shortage in The Body

This beverage is mostly consumed by people when the temperature is high. During summer the lack of water in the body can be compensated by drinking Jaljeera.

Remedy for Stomach Upset

Jaljeera is very refreshing and it is used to treat several health issues. The drink can be consumed for gastrointestinal problems such as, constipation, acidity, abdominal cramps and even arthritis. Treating several disorders is made possible due to the contents of ginger present in it.

pms_banner

Uses of Jaljeera

Some of the uses of jaljeera are mentioned below:

• Helps in the process of digestion
  • Helps in the proper functioning of the stomach, liver and other internal organs
  • Essential for the process of detoxification
  • Used to treat oxidative stress, heartburn, headache, cough, paralysis, parasitic infections, inflammation, flatulence, respiratory problems, arthritis, and irritable bowel syndrome
  • Stimulates the secretion of fat-breaking enzymes, glucose and carbohydrates
  • Prevents insomnia and nausea

Allergies and Side effects of Jaljeera

Drinking jaljeera or cumin water is good for the health and it is not known to have any side effects. As it contains black salt, therefore people suffering with high blood pressure should consult the doctor and then consume this refreshing drink. Hence it is also advisable for pregnant women, lactating mothers, and children to consult the doctor before consuming jaljeera.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

When should I drink jaljeera?

You can take jaljeera before meals to increase your appetite or you can also take it after a meal if you are feel bloated.

Can we drink jaljeera empty stomach?

Yes, taking jaljeera on an empty stomach helps to promote digestion, treat constipation and lower blood sugar levels.

Is jaljeera good for acidity?

Jaljeera is an ideal beverage to treat acidity.

What are the side effects of jaljeera?

Jaljeera has no side effects and is healthy to consume.

Does jeera water reduce belly fat?

Yes, jaljeera helps to reduce belly fat by improving the process of digestion.

References

Popular Questions & Answers

Please take my concern seriously. I am going th...

related_content_doctor

Dr. Krishnan Nair M P

General Physician

Dear Mr. lybrate-user, your problems are stomach pain in middle region between chest and belly fo...

Hello doctor I think I am having loose motions ...

related_content_doctor

Dr. Karuna Chawla

Homeopathy Doctor

Once daily is ok. It can be because of infection. 1.take home cooked, fresh light food. 2. Drink ...

My mother is feeling that there is something in...

related_content_doctor

Dr. Aparna Kulkarni

Ayurveda

Warm water + lemon + sugar+ salt Or Warm water + lemon+ soda Or Masala soda Or Jaljeera Ask to dr...

I am 2 months pregnant. .can I have jaljeera af...

related_content_doctor

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar

Homeopath

Jal-jeera, or jaljira, is an Indian beverage. The spice mix used to flavor this drink is also kno...

Hello, I am 39 years old.In march I had done my...

related_content_doctor

Dt. Deepal Shukla

Dietitian/Nutritionist

Hi I am so happy that you are concerned about your weight Let me share few tips and techniques wh...

Delhi
    Mumbai
    Chennai
    Bangalore
    Index

Table of content

Content Details
    Profile Image
    Written ByDrx Hina FirdousPhD (Pharmacology) Pursuing, M.Pharma (Pharmacology), B.Pharma - Certificate in Nutrition and Child CarePharmacology
    Reviewed By
    Profile Image
    Reviewed ByDt. Ms. Shilpa MarwahB.Sc (Home Science), Post Graduation Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health NutritionDietitian/Nutritionist
    chat_icon

Ask a free question

Get FREE multiple opinions from Doctors

posted anonymously