Lybrate Logo
Get the App
For Doctors
Login/Sign-up
Last Updated: Oct 23, 2019
BookMark

5 Ways to Manage Stress!

Profile Image
Ms. Sudeeptha GramaPsychologist • 13 Years Exp.Msc - Clinical and Counselling Psychology
Topic Image

Stress is a response to pressure or threat. It makes us feel tense, on edge or nervous. Stress triggers a surge of hormones called adrenaline which temporarily affects the nervous system, causing your heart rate to increase along with your blood pressure and breathing. In today’s world, everyone feels the weight of stress. Whether it is in school, at work or even at home. It is important to not let the stress we feel interfere with our day to day routines. Here is a way to manage your stress when you feel it is getting to be too much:

Have a mindful SNACK:

Stop: Stop whatever you are doing and take a minute or two and reboot. When you feel everything is getting to be too much, stop mid-bite, mid-step or even mid-yell and reboot yourself.

Notice: Notice what is happening within and around us. Notice the things you can see, hear, smell etc and most importantly see if you can notice your thoughts. You do not need to analyse them. Simply become aware of them.

Accept: Whatever you are struggling with or whatever is stressing you, accept and acknowledge it for what it is without any judgment. Accepting that something has gone wrong or is not going your way is essential to fixing the problem.

Curious: Ground yourself with questions about your environment and what you are feeling. Ask yourself questions regarding the same. What am I feeling? What am I thinking? What do I see? What do I hear?  Asking these questions will help you ground yourself and take the necessary steps in solving the issue.

Kindness: Realistically speaking, it is hard to find the silver lining for all problems. Sometimes the problems we are faced with are daunting, unpleasant or boring. Yet, it still needs to be solved. If we approach every person and problem with a positive attitude it will help get things back on track.

chat_icon

Ask a free question

Get FREE multiple opinions from Doctors

posted anonymously
doctor

Book appointment with top doctors for Stress Treatment treatment

View fees, clinc timings and reviews
doctor

Treatment Enquiry

Get treatment cost, find best hospital/clinics and know other details