Some diseases like Bell’s Palsy have a sudden onset. One moment everything is fine and the next, half your face feels paralyzed. Bell’s Palsy is a viral infection that causes temporary paralysis of one side of the face. The exact cause is unknown but this virus is said to be related to the herpes virus.
The sudden onset of this condition can make a person believe that they have suffered a stroke and this condition can last for several months. Many people do not completely recover from this condition. A numb sensation, lack of control over the lips and eyelids, drooping of one side of the face, and an inability to smile or blink are some of the symptoms of this condition.
Homeopathic Treatment for Bell's Palsy
Homeopathy has been used to treat a number of Bell’s Palsy cases successfully. However, the results vary from person to person and the extent of nerve damage done. This form of treatment does not address only the visible symptoms but addresses the physical, mental, and emotional health of a person as a whole.
Homeopathic Medicine for Bell's Palsy
Since homeopathy has negligible side effects, it can be prescribed to children and adults alike. Some common homeopathic remedies for Bell’s Palsy are:
- Aconite and Causticum: Homoeopathic medicine Aconite is prescribed in the initial stages of this Bell's Palsy condition especially when paralysis seems to have set in after exposure to a cold draft. Patients who can benefit from aconite often also complain of a tingling sensation on the affected side of the face. On the other hand, causticum is prescribed to treat chronic cases of facial paralysis
- Hypericum: This is the most preferred homeopathic remedy in cases of paralysis caused due to injury to a nerve. In addition to the symptoms of Bell’s Palsy, the patient may also complain of tingling or numbing sensations and burning sensations on the affected side of the face.
- Ignatia: Bell’s Palsy can also be triggered by grief. In such cases, homoeopathic medicine Ignatia has been proven to be quite effective. It also resolves excessive saliva production and frequent biting of cheeks of the tongue while talking and swallowing.
- Cadmium Sulph: Bell’s Palsy that develops as a result of a sudden hemorrhagic condition can be treated with homeopathic medicine Cadmium Sulph. In such cases, the patient may have a distorted face and may face difficulties swallowing food and speaking properly. He or she may also be unable to close the eye on the affected side of the face.
- Bacillinum and Causticum: The homeopathic medicines are prescribed in cases of Bell’s Palsy triggered by the suppression of facial eruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Update From Lybrate: Buy Vitamins and Supplements from Lybrate’s Goodkart and keep your metabolic activities on track. These essential vitamins provide energy, strengthens bone health, and repair cellular damage.