Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Tirunelveli and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. K KrishnanYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 23 yrs old. I have snoring problems. I am a bit fat. Is that the only reason. And throughout the day I feel like I have lost my energy. Do I have to take any medication.
I have a problem with throat infection most of the times. I'm a lead singer so I get my voice strained. please help.
I have throat problem since 3years recently I consulted a doctor in india that doctor said don't worry it is only acidity then doctor gave me 2tablets 1for infection 2 for acidity now i'm in dubai still I fell problems in my throt so what can do i'm in dubai right now.
I have been suffering from sore throat since last 3 months. Visited an ent specialist and was prescribed to take antibiotics. I even did blood test for allergy. (TIGE) and it was quite high (576.3) and it should be less than 158. I am taking medicine for it also. I did ct scan also (CTPM limited)(CT Scan of PNS). The reports states the following. DNS as described with mucosa hypertrophy and edema of the right inferior and middle turbinates and similar hypertrophy of the posterior aspect of the left inferior turbinate. Mild inflammatory mucosa thickening along the floors of both maxillary, frontal and left sphenoid sinuses and suggestive of mild sinusitis. Subtle inflammatory soft tissue and secretions in few of the right posterior ethmoidal air cells. Extension of pneumatization of both of the sphenoid sinuses into the lateral recesses and clinoid processes. Bilateral type I frontal cells. Hypertrophied and bulky nasopharyngeal adenoids causing narrowing of the upper air way. I am asked to get operated for adenoids and inflation of nose. So could you suggest what should I do. Also I feel itching on my body after I have groundnuts so I have stopped it now.
I'm having nasal infection .I hav used spray also bt it didn't heal me completely .still my nose get closed alternately .its nt wet bt it get closed .its been so long more Dan 3 years .and I feel some sticky mucus like thing in my throat. Because of it I cnt speak properly also. Doctor advised me to use but bt it didn't work long. I guess these two r connected to each other .please help me . Thnk you.
I had a very heavy cold also m a sinus patient so write now m in very tough condition please suggest which medicine or treatment I use?
I am from assam and 57 years old man. I went to a oncoly doctor in fortis hospital noida for my throat problem. Oncology doctor examined me and advice me for pet ct scan. Accordingly I tokk the pet ct scan on 4th april `15 in noida fortis hospital and the report is given below by block fdg avid subtle centimetric soft tissue nodular thickening involving base of tongue on left side, left paraphyngeal wall and adjacent epiglottis (left half) and bilateral cervical node in view of above findings possibility of malignancy is more likely. It is indicate for throat cancer. Doctor advise me to come again after two months and again take pet ct scan and then go for dl scopy. It is necessary for take again another pet ct scan still I feel pain in my neck. If it is required for again pet ct scan then I will go your hospital as early as possible. I am waiting for your reply. Kindly reply Now last few days I fell vomiting tendency. Is it indicate for throat cancer regards
Last 3 days back I have a problem in my back side of ear I felt there is something In my head or ear or its my only thinking please suggest its my ear problem or head.
Breathing is inhalation and exhalation, where oxygen is inhaled into and carbon dioxide is released from the body. Air passes through the nose, which has fine hair and mucus to filter out suspended particles in the air like pollen. When the person’s immunity is weakened or is highly reactive, the mucosa reacts to many substances which are generally present. This is known as allergic rhinitis.
Types: Depending on the occurrence, it can be:
- Seasonal: For instance, in spring when there is too much pollen in the air; known as hay fever. This is an acute rhinitis and subsides with a change in weather.
- Chronic: This is when the body reacts to some normal substances like eggs, animal dander, extreme cold, dust, mites, etc. via an allergic reaction.
Causes of allergic rhinitis as per Ayurveda
- Mandagni – low digestion strength
- Kapha vruddhi – increase of Kapha dosha
- Allergens – external factors such as pollen, dust etc
- Residing with pet animals
- Exposure to humidity, dust, cold
- Virudh aahara – wrong food combinations
- Long term intake of drugs like aspirin, leading to depleted immunity and making the person prone to dust allergies.
- Runny nose for prolonged periods of time
- Chronic congestion
- Persistent sneezing
- Teary eyes
- Fever and headache
Ayurveda believes that this is due to excessive kapha dosha. So, in order to manage allergic rhinitis, two approaches should be taken. Foods which increase kapha should be avoided, and elimination of kapha from the body should be targeted.
Non-medical ways to combat allergic rhinitis:
Prevention has a big role to play in managing allergic rhinitis.
- Whether it is animal dander, eggs, tomatoes, or extreme cold, if you know it could cause an attack, stay away from it.
- Chew foods properly to ensure through absorption of vitamins and minerals, which are essential for immunity
- Boil water with a spoonful of turmeric and a pinch of salt and drink it regularly
- Basil and mint leaves can be boiled in water and consumed for improving allergic rhinitis
- Clove and pepper can be chewed to get immediate relief
- A mixture of crushed clove and pepper mixed with turmeric and honey works wonders for allergic rhinitis
- Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables. They are more likely to be chemical-free, are cheaper, fresher, and definitely more nutritious.
- Carrots eaten with a bit of fat produce the best defense against allergic rhinitis, as the beta-carotene in it is fat soluble.
- Whole grains, green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits and vegetables, and dairy products, contain a number of vitamins and minerals which help in fighting allergic rhinitis
- Ayurvedic remedies like shilajit and guduchi boost immunity function
- Neem, Ashwagandha, liquorice, cinnamon, tulsi, and curcumin are proven remedies for allergic rhinitis.
- Panchakarma specifically aimed at rhinitis include Nasya, Dhoomapana (medicated smoking) and emesis (vaman ). This helps in eliminating kapha which is believed to cause allergic rhinitis.
Though allergic rhinitis is a very common condition, the treatment is also easy and many home remedies help in managing the condition.
- Always keep cloves and black peppers with you. Immediately keep two pieces of it in mouth when you feel of attack.
- At the pre attack or attack rub Nilgiri oil , Mint oil, or pain balm on chest and get fomentation.
- Keep watch on the elements that causes irritation for you and stay away from this.
- Use mask while driving vehicle or going through public places.
- Always take warm water bath.
- Do not expose to hot sunrays.
- Regularly take inhalation of steam.
- Regularly go for morning walk in warm weather.
- Do sufficient exercise.
- Do not reside in dark or dump places. Get fresh air.
- Do not get sleep at day time or immediate after dinner.
- Take sufficient rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.