Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in thrissur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Ratheesh Sr
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. Ratheesh SrYour feedback matters!
I'm 20 years old .studying mbbs. I have severe back pain which comes and goes. Wen it comes I have to lie on a flat surface and also I must apply volini spray only den it goes. I started to get the pain only after suffering from dengue in 2012. What must I do for not getting pain. please do not give drugs. Thk you Dr. REGARDS.
I was taking the psychiatrist drug for last 4 yrs, of the drugs was respin 1 & tretin 20, but now I had stop the drug as I am feeling better, but at the same time in every summer, I get the hard swelling on the entire face of mine. And I feel like a clot. So, which Doctor should I consult? Kindly, let me know. Waiting for the positive response.
People say that if I have to hold a relationship for lifetime then I must not speak all my feelings, desires and expectations. People tell me talk less to everyone. Is it not wrong to have misconceptions in our own mind for people whom we love? I really find it difficult to live in this world and understand people and their mentality. Talking about love is always beautiful and it gives peace to both the side then why we do need to hide, just to maintain "ego? Everyone wants at least one person in their life jo uske saath hamesha rahe aur usko shadi hone ka ehsaas de even in the greatest problem ever happened. Fir ye kyun zruri hai ki main use unke liye apna pyar chhupa k rakhi, bss iss liye na taaki wo harr waqt ek darr mei jiya ki unhe main akela chhor dengue and iss liye wo mujhe pakarke k rajan k lye bechain rahein, is it not a Sin?
Schizophrenia is a disease of the mind that is usually degenerative in nature. The complex disorder is generally characterized by symptoms, such as delusions, hallucinations (both auditory and visual) and disturbances in speech and is usually chronic in nature. The symptoms are not regular and can appear at any point of time. So it is highly possible that a person suffering from schizophrenia may sometimes bear resemblance to any other normal person and all of a sudden, might exhibit symptoms typical of Schizophrenia.
The causes of Schizophrenia include:
- Brain Dysfunction: Abnormalities in the cerebral cortex (the cerebrum’s outer covering that is vital in regulating consciousness) of the brain is the most common cause of this disorder. This is due to the presence of abnormally enlarged ventricles in that region. The decreased brain size owing to the enlarged ventricles is often related to the hallucinations and delusions experienced by schizophrenics.
- Genetic Factors: Studies have also stated ‘genetics’ to be an important cause behind this disorder. Closer the family ties, higher the risks of transmitting the disorder.
- Biochemical Factors: More than one neurotransmitter is being targeted by recent drugs to control schizophrenia.
Symptoms which most people do not experience normally, but are found in people diagnosed with schizophrenia are said to be positive symptoms. They are:
- Hallucinations: These are sensory experiences of things that do not exist outside the mind. Hallucinations usually manifest in the form of auditory or visual images.
- Delusions: Delusions on the other hand are false beliefs one has about oneself. Delusions are of 3 major types:
- Grandeur: Wherein the person imagines himself to be a famous personality
- Persecution: The belief that somebody somewhere is plotting against you and the whole world is going to get you.
- Control: The belief that a larger force, let’s say a witch, a demon or even a duck for that matter is controlling your actions.
These positive symptoms generally respond well to medications.
In addition to this, schizophrenics think and speak differently than the rest of the society. They jump from idea to idea, lose track of speech mid-way and often speak in fragmented and haphazardly joined sentences. They are, in fact, unable to fix their attention on anything in particular.
Examples of the most common negative symptoms include:
- The flat effect: The individual basically shows no facial expression and always has a flat emotionless mask on while staring into space. At times, they have inappropriate reactions to situations. Example - they might laugh at somebody's death and cry ad get angry when something good happens.
- Avolition: This condition occurs when the individual just sit for hours doing nothing as well as behaves in a way lacking any motivation or enthusiasm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.