Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr Gowthaman's Ayurveda Therapy and Yoga CentresYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gowthaman Krishnamoorthy to be knowledgeable. Thank you.
Toothache is one of the common ailments that occur frequently to individuals of all ages. Tooth pain ranges from mild to severe and can be caused by a wide variety of factors pertaining to oral health and dental decay. The pain hightens during or post the consumption of food items that are either too hot or too cold as the tooth becomes increasingly sensitive to changes in temperature.
In Ayurveda, tooth pains are known as daantshool. Ayurveda can provide an effective remedy to tooth pains both chronic and acute. Ayurvedic treatment provides relief from the pain by dealing with the root cause of the problem in a natural and holistic manner without any side effect. It also eliminates the chances of any relapse.
Some of the most common and effective Ayurvedic remedies for sharp tooth pain are as follows:
- Garlic and clove oil: Ayurvedic plants such as garlic and clove are known all over the world for their medicinal properties and healing qualities. Clove oil and garlic can be applied to the affected area of the teeth to ease the pain and improve dental health. This remedy will surely show benefits in the form of stronger teeth that are free of any pain.
- Lime and asafoetida: The vitamin C content in citrus fruits is an effective disinfectant that heals teeth which experience sensitivity due to decay and the formation of cavities. Limes can cure sharp tooth pains as well as bleeding gums and loose teeth. A mixture of asafoetida, also known as hing, and lime juice should be slightly heated and applied on the affected for pain relief.
- Neem and babool: Extracts of neem and babool are well known for their ability to heal tooth pains and related oral problems. These Ayurvedic herbs are good anti septic disinfectants that remove dental decay and provide relief from pain by healing and strengthening the teeth and gums.
- Pepper and rock salt: Pepper, known as maricha in Ayurveda, is highly effective in treating sensitive teeth. When pepper dust is mixed with rock salt and applied on the aching tooth, it alleviates the pain and reduces sensitivity. This mixture will improve oral health and hygiene and it can also be used along with clove oil.
- Bayberry bark: The bark of the bayberry tree is a useful Ayurvedic remedy for treating tooth pains. A paste made from the bark and a vinegar base can be applied on the tooth for getting relief from the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
How to get fat and gain weight? I have 47 kg weight age is 19 years old I also need some of 2-3 inches. height How should get it? What diet should be follow?
Sir My father age about 67 year he suffer from the joint problem of many year about 25 .they have treatment in many hospital but it is not satisfied this problem .so please tell me home treatment to reduce pain for joint.
My name is Ali I am 23 year old. I am suffering for knee pain. So I took a pain relief. But I didn't relief so what can I do now. Please suggest some medicine. For knee pain. Thanks you.
Constipation can make you miserable. Though medically defined as less than three stools a week or worse, daily bowel movement is essential to keep healthy and feel fresh. Caused by slow movement of food through the digestive tract, constipation can occur due to poor bowel habits, eating less fiber, medications, hormonal issues or some other disease. However, it can be easily fixed with fiber, fluids and frequent exercising. You can try these natural treatments to relieve your discomfort and keep it away:
- Coconut oil and flaxseed - a great combination: Coconut oil is a wonderful hydrating agent and eases stools. Flaxseeds help in the elimination of toxins, excess fat and cholesterol from the body. So in one tablespoon of coconut oil, add half a teaspoon of flaxseeds, chew well and eat this every morning.
- Harad or terminalia chebula myrobalan - a wonder fruit: An important ingredient of Triphala, harad is a wonder fruit that has amazing health benefits. One of these is relieving constipation. Take the small black variety and roast it with few drops of Ghee and grind to store. 5-6 gms daily with water at night will relieve constipation.
- Yogurt - excellent source of probiotics: Probiotics which contain beneficial bacteria are a great remedy for constipation. However, you can take the humble homemade yogurt full of beneficial bacteria in your meal every day and get relief from constipation.
- Fiber fix - figs and more: Fiber helps to bulk up your stool making the bowel movement faster. Figs are a great source of soluble fiber and you can soak 2-3 overnight and have both the fruit and the sweet water to get regular bowel movement. You can also include high fiber whole wheat bran cereal to your diet for added benefits. Do not forget to back your fibers with 8-10 glasses of water as you increase your intake.
- Baking powder - the versatile solution: Baking powder has an alkalizing effect and eases movement through the bowels. Add a teaspoon to a cup of warm water and drink it quickly for best results.
- Oatmeal tea - when things are severe: Oatmeal is fibrous, Honey is healing and moisturizing and Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory agent which soothes the stomach. Together, they can stop severe constipation. So, take a cup of water and add three teaspoons of oatmeal, a Chamomile tea bag and two teaspoons of honey. Drink 2-3 times a day if your problem is severe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
According to Ayurveda, ‘Jwara’ or fever refers to the irregularities of body temperature. In majority of the cases, there is reduced heat in the GIT (gastrointestinal tract) and an increased temperature in the external body. Fever might be a symptom of a disease or can be a disease in itself. According to Ayurveda, fever happens because of an imbalance in the following doshas:
Fever Management Rules
Light food or fasting is advised at the early stage of fever. This helps in drawing away heat from the external parts nd shifts it to the center. You should drink warm water in all fevers, except Pitta fever. Doing so balances the stomach heat. Warm liquid foods that include sago or barley should be consumed. Vegetable soup help as well, but astringent foods should be avoided at the early stages of the fever. During the early fever stages, antipyretic medications are to be avoided. These medicines reduce the stomach’s temperature and by doing so, render the Ayurvedic treatment redundant as the GIT’s heat is lowered.
General fever treatment therapies
- Sudarshana Choorna should be taken twice daily and about 2 grams should suffice. This ‘Choorna’ can be taken along with any of the above mentioned treatments.
- Vasaka leaf is another simple remedy for treating fever. It should be mixed with ‘Shukti Bhasma’ (10%) and should be taken twice daily in 2 gram doses.
- Ginger tea is another remedy that always turns out to be comforting and is of great value. Consume a concoction made by adding half a teaspoon of fennel seeds, cinnamon, ginger powder and a little clove to a hot cup of water helps. The herbs should be soaked for about 10 minutes. They should be filtered afterwards before drinking the tea. It should be kept in mind that both ginger and aspirin dilute the blood. Thus, ginger tea should be avoided for two hours after consuming aspirin.
- Fasting for about a day is advised for fever without any other symptom as the body gets rid of toxins. A strict diet regimen should be followed after consulting a doctor. Steamed vegetables without spices are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My mother right armpit and breast pain sometimes before two year age 52 pain in not regular take when she take medicine then she feel good but always feel pain what's the problem please explain.
Suffering from hair loss and I am trying every thing but nothing is working pls suggest me some home remedies.
I have hair fall from last 1 year and grey hair also. I take balance diet. No junk food. I had thyroid 6.29, few months back now it is 4.66.What is the reason for hair loss and grey. What should I do?
I Have fatty liver and high cholesterol level. Which I know recently when I gone through recent lab test.
I dnt get periods regularly nd I had sex with my bf in nov and in dec I got periods dis means I am not pregnant I have problem of pcos.
Hello actually I did shave 10 or more than that I am doing shaving when I was 15 years old and now I am 16. I have pimples on my face does the pimples is due to shaving.
Hello sir, Today I fight with someone so I am injured in fight, who attack on my face with nail.how to remove scar So what I do?
My hair is damaged and too much dry. Its looks that it's get burned. And become very hard. Please can you tell me natural way how to repair the damaged hair. Thanks.
I am suffering from loose stool with mucus and too much pain in whole abdomen. Why this happens? And what should I do to get rid from this.
Diabetes is highly common health issue in India. Your blood sugar levels increase beyond the normal levels and cause other related problems like swelling, frequent urination, nausea, heart ailments etc. Conventional drugs can only control the symptoms, but cannot help the person to completely get rid of diabetes. However, here are some suggestions from Ayurveda that can help you in treating your diabetes in a way that it will never return.
- Food habits: Try avoiding foods that are high on sugar and whatever you eat, do not eat it all at once. Eat in small portions spread over the day. Limit carbohydrate and fat intake in your diet; instead try to consume whole grain foods and vegetables.
- Lifestyle changes: Avoid alcohol, drugs and smoking. Sleep soundly and sufficiently. Maintain your body weight and take care of your health by getting routine checkups done for sugar and other possible ailments that may be underlying causes of your diabetes.
- Must Do's: Practice a healthy lifestyle by undertaking regular exercise and yoga. Practice medication and go out for a walk at least once in the day. Also, make it a habit to mix half a tablespoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of amla powder with half a tablespoon of methi seeds and consume it every day. Incorporating these habits in your lifestyle would definitely help you in getting rid of diabetes.