Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr Gowthaman's Ayurveda Therapy and Yoga CentresYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It has been quite some time that I had corn on my feet. It was quite painful so wanted to get it cured asap.I was having very bad thoughts regarding my corn removal. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Shree Varma Ayurveda Hospitals, Pondicherry branch.He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. I am almost my normal self post the treatment
Dr Gowthaman Krishnamoorthy is a well known doctor for Ayurveda. He has broad knowledge in his field. I consulted her for my neck pain issue. The medicines he prescribed was quite beneficial. He has in depth knowledge and ensures that he explains the problem in detail.The atmosphere in the Shree Varma Ayurveda is always so positive and full of life.
I am so much benefitted with dr Gowthaman Krishnamoorthy treatment for my allergy , that i am perfectly fine now..I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly. All the staff members were very helpful at his clinic Shree Varma Ayurveda Hospitals, Pondicherry branch.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gowthaman Krishnamoorthy to be knowledgeable. Thank you.
A few decades ago, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc., were not so prevalent as today. The age of onset of these diseases is reducing rapidly. The severity of these diseases and complications with one leading to another is on the rise. It is becoming a vicious cycle with one leading to another condition, and treating that leading to another complication.
Heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, insomnia, dyslipidemia, obesity, etc. are all referred to as lifestyle diseases. This term is an umbrella term that is a result of a person’s physical and psychological functioning. There is a significant contribution from the person’s living pattern including eating habits, alcohol and cigarette use, exercise pattern, etc.
Ayurveda proposes multiple approaches to address lifestyle diseases by detoxification, improving bio-purification, rejuvenation therapies, and supplements. The overall result is restoring the balance of physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being, leading to an overall healthy life.
Ayurveda believes health is a result of balance between the 3 components (tridoshas) – vaata, pitta, and kapha. With any illness, one particular dosha is identified, and treatment is not just aimed at the symptoms, but at restoring the balance between the three doshas. The added benefit is that these are time-tested, safe, and highly effective. It is not just curative, but also preventative.
Some of the Ayurvedic approaches are listed below.
- Dincharya: This is an ideal daily regimen to follow, which is based on circadian rhythm. This takes into account meal timings, sleep timings, including what to do in the first hour after waking, times of eating, exercise time and pattern, sleep time and pattern, etc. The idea is to be in sync with nature as was originally intended.
- Ratricharya: This includes the routine to be followed at night, including an early supper that should be the lightest meal of the day and completed at least 2 hours before sleeping. Healthy sleeping pattern including comfortable pillows with no disturbance with electronic gadgets is advised, where at least 7 hours sleep is obtained.
- Ritucharya: Each season brings changes along with it. The lifestyle should be accordingly adapted including food changes and exercise. In summer, have more of melons which help in hydration. Similarly, winter produces more nuts and roots and seeds, which are good for insulation and essential oils to keep the body warm.
- Panchakarma: This is a detox and bio-purification process involving massage and herbal therapy. This cleanses the body, strengthens the immune system, and restores overall balance and well-being of a person. The herbal oils used are organ or system-specific and help improve the health of the affected organ.
A combination of all these approaches helps restore balance of the body and thereby aid in managing lifestyle disorders. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Piles or haemorrhoids are one of the most common health issues associated with ageing. It can be described as the swelling of veins in the rectum, just above the anus. When irritated by stool movements, piles can be extremely painful. Thankfully there are a number of effective home remedies that can be used to manage and treat this problem. Here are the top 5 ways to treat piles naturally.
- Psyllium husk: Constipation of passing hard stools can aggravate piles and the pain associated with it. One of the most common causes of hard stools is a lack of fibre in the diet. Psyllium husk is rich in fibre and makes stools softer. Ideally, if you suffer from piles, try consuming one tablespoon of psyllium husk with a glass of water every night before going to bed.
- Sitz bath: Heat therapy can be very efficient in relieving pain associated with piles. Heat increases circulation and helps the damaged veins heal faster and also stimulates thermo receptors that block the body’s pain transmitters from signalling the brain. Fill a bucket or bath with warm water and soak the inflamed area in it for 15-20 minutes. This warm water wil also help relieve itchiness help the blood vessels relax.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties that aid in the healing of haemorrhoids. Applying the gel extracted from aloe vera leaves on the inflamed veins can help soothe and hydrate external haemorrhoids. For internal haemorrhoids discard the thorns and freeze strips of aloe vera leaves before applying over the anus in the form of a cold compress.
- Essential oils: Essential oils such as tea tree oil have the ability to reduce inflammation and can be very beneficial in curing haemorrhoids naturally. Dilute tea tree oil with a carrier oil such as castor oil or almond oil and apply directly over the inflamed area. Do not use the oils without dilution as they can be very strong. Other essential oils that can be used to treat piles are lavender oil and rosemary oil.
- Olive oil: Consumption of olive oil makes the blood vessels more elastic and thus reduces the discomfort of passing hard stools. In this way, olive oil can even prevent the formation of piles to an extent. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce discomfort and soothe the inflamed veins. The monosaturated fatty acids in olive oil can also help regulate bowel movements and prevent constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
If there is one disease which most people would definitely be affected by, it has to be the common cough and cold. It is not without reason that it is called “common cold.” When we look back though, common cold and cough was not so common. It is evident that it has become common due to the lifestyle and environmental changes and can be managed again by looking at how it used to be managed earlier.
Ayurveda believes that health is determined by the balance between the tridoshas in the body, namely vata, pitta, and kapha. Common cough and cold are caused by an imbalance between all 3 components. The type of cough, phlegm, congestion, etc., will vary depending on which dosha is predominant. People who repeatedly have attacks of common cold would be delighted to know there are remedies which are commonly available and can keep these attacks at bay. Read on to know more.
- Garlgling with salted lukewarm water soothes the throat and helps in relieving cough.
- Taking a combination of honey, lemon, and lukewarm water 3 times a day is very effective in preventing common cold.
- Drinking warm liquids like herbal teas and clear vegetable soups with garlic added soothes the throat and also provides antioxidant benefits against cold and cough.
- Boil some handful of tulsi leaves in a litre of water, strain and drink it through the day to get rid of cough and cold.
- Eating onion dipped in honey also can prevent chronic cough and cold.
- Boiling tulsi seeds and ginger in water and drinking this after straining also helps the throat.
- Drinking juice of betel leaves is another natural remedy.
- Add some salt to mustard oil and rub it on the nose and throat to get immediate relief.
- Similarly, a mixture of curd, sugar, and black pepper powder provides relief from cough and congestion.
- A mixture of cinnamon, honey, and pepper also helps people with cough and cold.
- Add a small quantity of asafetida (hing) to a glass of warm water and feel the relief in the lungs and throat.
- Boil water with jaggery and coriander seeds, strain and drink twice a day.
- A mixture of ginger and milk can be used in concentrated form to be instilled in the nose.
- A mixture of fennel seeds and clove powder mixed with honey provides great relief.
- Inhale the vapour of ladies finger from water in which it was boiled. This relieves throat infections and dry cough.
In addition, Ayurveda has specific yogasanas like jal neti, sutra neti, kapalbhati and setubandha, which are aimed at clearing out nasal and airway passages. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian medicine system, which believes that an individual’s overall health and well-being is a mix of physical and emotional health, achieved through a balance between the three doshas, vaata, pitta, and kapha. An imbalance between these three doshas results in diseases. Different diseases have predominance of one of these doshas. So prevention and cure of disease should be aimed at restoring the balance between the three doshas. Ayurvedic approaches, therefore, are very comprehensive, not just aimed at curing the presenting symptom, but also in restoring balance of the mind, body, and the environment.
The treatment approach goes back to basics, taking into account natural ways of living, which helps in rejuvenation, detoxification, bio-purification, and improved immunity. This is achieved by a combination of healthy eating, yoga, meditation, herbal oils and mixtures, Panchakarma massages, etc.
- Ayurveda believes in eating healthy. The various meals in a day should not be based on cravings, but on what the body requires and can digest. While the morning meal should be heavy, the dinner should be light and at least a couple of hours before sleep.
- Eat intelligent by including a lot of seasonal stuff, nuts, spices, seeds, leafy greens, and fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid canned, processed, and packaged food. Also there are specific food items aimed at restoring balance of vaata, pitta, or kapha, as the case maybe.
- Maintain a regular sleep pattern, which allows the body to align with the circadian rhythm and clear itself of impurities.
- Using common spices like turmeric, ginger, garlic, cloves, etc. to restore balances is also popular in Ayurveda. Various herbs are used either as churnas, powders, or oils to cure different conditions. These help in restoring the balance between the three doshas and prevent further disease. Oils used in Panchakarma and other therapies are also useful in detox and bio-purification. The mixtures are known as Rasayanas and are highly beneficial in detoxification and improving immunity.
- Avoid habits like smoking and drinking and drug abuse. These cause excessive toxins and stress and impair overall health in multiple ways.
- Ayurveda also believes in yoga (Surya Namaskar, Pranayama, etc.) and meditation to calm the mind and manage stress, which can help avoid a lot of lifestyle diseases, be it heart disease, diabetes or insomnia.
Ayurveda, as mentioned above, does not address the presenting symptom alone, but looks at an individual holistically and treats the person as a whole. The result is slowing of ageing process, feeling of rejuvenation, longer life, improved quality of living, and slowing onset of diseases. With lifestyle disorders on the rise, adapting an Ayurvedic lifestyle will help in prevention of disorders and an overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Your inner health and its link to the heart and Ojas: According to Ayurveda, the heart is believed to be the seat of the ‘Ojas.’ You might be wondering that what Ojas is then. Well, Ojas is a term given to the substance that maintains life. It is responsible for maintaining the bliss and longevity of life. Ayurveda believes that heart can be protected by increasing the ojas. Therefore, the well-being of an individual is directly related to the ojas and condition of his or her heart.
Your inner health can only be improved by maintaining the health of the heart and ojas. Ayurveda suggests that heart can be well kept by boosting fat metabolism and digestion within the body. Therefore, a mixture of herbs is recommended to keep the heart healthy by nourishing the blood, and improving the functioning of heart muscles. Individuals who lead a sedentary life and live on fast-food diet are at risk of developing severe cardiovascular diseases. Ayurvedic treatments offer relief to such persons and ensure the well-being of their hearts and ojas. An authentic Ayurvedic herb mixture improves the health of your heart and inner-health in the following ways:
- It increases the ojas and the power of fighting back diseases
- Nourishes the muscles and tissues of the heart walls
- Improves circulation of the blood through all channels or the shrotas
- Betters the coordination between mind and body
- Enhances fat metabolism and overall digestion, avoids accumulation of excess cholesterol
Tips for good inner health
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
- Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
- Be happy. Happiness is the ultimate medicine for the good heart.
- Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
- Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
- While eating, ensure that the atmosphere around is absolutely peaceful and serene.
- Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
- Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
- Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes. Intake of raw tobacco or getting addicted to drugs is also harmful for the heart.
- Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Work-out and exercise on regular basis.
- Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions.
- Maintain a peaceful environment inside your home.
- Avoid eating pungent food items. They increase anger in you.
- Avoid excessive stressful and emotionally draining works or interactions.
- If you are stressed, take an Ayurvedic massage with herbal oils.
- Go for meditation to relieve yourself from the stress and strains of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Toothache is one of the common ailments that occur frequently to individuals of all ages. Tooth pain ranges from mild to severe and can be caused by a wide variety of factors pertaining to oral health and dental decay. The pain hightens during or post the consumption of food items that are either too hot or too cold as the tooth becomes increasingly sensitive to changes in temperature.
In Ayurveda, tooth pains are known as daantshool. Ayurveda can provide an effective remedy to tooth pains both chronic and acute. Ayurvedic treatment provides relief from the pain by dealing with the root cause of the problem in a natural and holistic manner without any side effect. It also eliminates the chances of any relapse.
Some of the most common and effective Ayurvedic remedies for sharp tooth pain are as follows:
- Garlic and clove oil: Ayurvedic plants such as garlic and clove are known all over the world for their medicinal properties and healing qualities. Clove oil and garlic can be applied to the affected area of the teeth to ease the pain and improve dental health. This remedy will surely show benefits in the form of stronger teeth that are free of any pain.
- Lime and asafoetida: The vitamin C content in citrus fruits is an effective disinfectant that heals teeth which experience sensitivity due to decay and the formation of cavities. Limes can cure sharp tooth pains as well as bleeding gums and loose teeth. A mixture of asafoetida, also known as hing, and lime juice should be slightly heated and applied on the affected for pain relief.
- Neem and babool: Extracts of neem and babool are well known for their ability to heal tooth pains and related oral problems. These Ayurvedic herbs are good anti septic disinfectants that remove dental decay and provide relief from pain by healing and strengthening the teeth and gums.
- Pepper and rock salt: Pepper, known as maricha in Ayurveda, is highly effective in treating sensitive teeth. When pepper dust is mixed with rock salt and applied on the aching tooth, it alleviates the pain and reduces sensitivity. This mixture will improve oral health and hygiene and it can also be used along with clove oil.
- Bayberry bark: The bark of the bayberry tree is a useful Ayurvedic remedy for treating tooth pains. A paste made from the bark and a vinegar base can be applied on the tooth for getting relief from the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
How to get fat and gain weight? I have 47 kg weight age is 19 years old I also need some of 2-3 inches. height How should get it? What diet should be follow?
Sir My father age about 67 year he suffer from the joint problem of many year about 25 .they have treatment in many hospital but it is not satisfied this problem .so please tell me home treatment to reduce pain for joint.
My name is Ali I am 23 year old. I am suffering for knee pain. So I took a pain relief. But I didn't relief so what can I do now. Please suggest some medicine. For knee pain. Thanks you.
Constipation can make you miserable. Though medically defined as less than three stools a week or worse, daily bowel movement is essential to keep healthy and feel fresh. Caused by slow movement of food through the digestive tract, constipation can occur due to poor bowel habits, eating less fiber, medications, hormonal issues or some other disease. However, it can be easily fixed with fiber, fluids and frequent exercising. You can try these natural treatments to relieve your discomfort and keep it away:
- Coconut oil and flaxseed - a great combination: Coconut oil is a wonderful hydrating agent and eases stools. Flaxseeds help in the elimination of toxins, excess fat and cholesterol from the body. So in one tablespoon of coconut oil, add half a teaspoon of flaxseeds, chew well and eat this every morning.
- Harad or terminalia chebula myrobalan - a wonder fruit: An important ingredient of Triphala, harad is a wonder fruit that has amazing health benefits. One of these is relieving constipation. Take the small black variety and roast it with few drops of Ghee and grind to store. 5-6 gms daily with water at night will relieve constipation.
- Yogurt - excellent source of probiotics: Probiotics which contain beneficial bacteria are a great remedy for constipation. However, you can take the humble homemade yogurt full of beneficial bacteria in your meal every day and get relief from constipation.
- Fiber fix - figs and more: Fiber helps to bulk up your stool making the bowel movement faster. Figs are a great source of soluble fiber and you can soak 2-3 overnight and have both the fruit and the sweet water to get regular bowel movement. You can also include high fiber whole wheat bran cereal to your diet for added benefits. Do not forget to back your fibers with 8-10 glasses of water as you increase your intake.
- Baking powder - the versatile solution: Baking powder has an alkalizing effect and eases movement through the bowels. Add a teaspoon to a cup of warm water and drink it quickly for best results.
- Oatmeal tea - when things are severe: Oatmeal is fibrous, Honey is healing and moisturizing and Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory agent which soothes the stomach. Together, they can stop severe constipation. So, take a cup of water and add three teaspoons of oatmeal, a Chamomile tea bag and two teaspoons of honey. Drink 2-3 times a day if your problem is severe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
According to Ayurveda, ‘Jwara’ or fever refers to the irregularities of body temperature. In majority of the cases, there is reduced heat in the GIT (gastrointestinal tract) and an increased temperature in the external body. Fever might be a symptom of a disease or can be a disease in itself. According to Ayurveda, fever happens because of an imbalance in the following doshas:
Fever Management Rules
Light food or fasting is advised at the early stage of fever. This helps in drawing away heat from the external parts nd shifts it to the center. You should drink warm water in all fevers, except Pitta fever. Doing so balances the stomach heat. Warm liquid foods that include sago or barley should be consumed. Vegetable soup help as well, but astringent foods should be avoided at the early stages of the fever. During the early fever stages, antipyretic medications are to be avoided. These medicines reduce the stomach’s temperature and by doing so, render the Ayurvedic treatment redundant as the GIT’s heat is lowered.
General fever treatment therapies
- Sudarshana Choorna should be taken twice daily and about 2 grams should suffice. This ‘Choorna’ can be taken along with any of the above mentioned treatments.
- Vasaka leaf is another simple remedy for treating fever. It should be mixed with ‘Shukti Bhasma’ (10%) and should be taken twice daily in 2 gram doses.
- Ginger tea is another remedy that always turns out to be comforting and is of great value. Consume a concoction made by adding half a teaspoon of fennel seeds, cinnamon, ginger powder and a little clove to a hot cup of water helps. The herbs should be soaked for about 10 minutes. They should be filtered afterwards before drinking the tea. It should be kept in mind that both ginger and aspirin dilute the blood. Thus, ginger tea should be avoided for two hours after consuming aspirin.
- Fasting for about a day is advised for fever without any other symptom as the body gets rid of toxins. A strict diet regimen should be followed after consulting a doctor. Steamed vegetables without spices are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.