Doctor in Kumar's Maternity & Surgical Nursing Home
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Kumar's Maternity & Surgical Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
Viruses, the bad ones, in particular, can have serious effects on the body which a person would not like to have, in any case. This is surely true when the case of herpes zoster is being talked about. This form of herpes is commonly known as shingles. But what if there was a proper solution to this issue?
When a person has blisters forming and causing a rash in a limited area, shingles is likely to be the cause of the same.
What is interesting to know too many people is the fact that the virus which is responsible for shingles or herpes zoster is the same one which is the cause for chickenpox! This virus is never cleared out even when the symptoms of chickenpox have long left the body of the person who had it. As a matter of fact, in some cases, it does reappear and affects the body again except this time in the form of shingles. However, doctors do not know why this occurs. Is that not weird?
Most people who have the bad luck of having to deal with shingles are over sixty years of age. While knowing all this is quite beneficial, what about the treatment of shingles?
When it comes to the homeopathic treatment of shingles, there is a range of options which can be made use of. That being said, it is of the highest importance to keep in mind the fact that medicine should only be taken as per the prescription of a trained professional in homeopathic medicine. Homeopathy can treat shingles very effectively. The results are very prompt in the pains and eruptions. Shingles can affect any age group. Usually shigles indicate lowered immunity. Since they are viral infection, least can be done with anibiotics. Homeopathy boosts the immunity. Genital herpes can also be very effectively treated with Homeopathy.
Arsenicum album is one of the most popular medicines from the homeopathic field. In most of the cases where it is ideally used, the patient is undergoing pain with a burning sensation on the affected area of the skin. When a rash begins to form, there is normally some tingling in the skin in the run up to it.
Homeopathic treatment is so good that there is medicine to nip the problem in the bud before it has the chance to cause the affected person a whole deal of anguish. Aconite is the medicine, in this case.
Hepar sulphur and Rhus Toxicodendron are also used often over the course of treatment. The former is useful especially for people with unhealthy skin while the latter is commonly used for herpes of the face and around the joints.
To be considered healthy, one must not only be physically and mentally sound, but one must also be sexually and reproductively healthy. Sexual and reproductive health includes a person’s ability to enjoy a satisfying sex life and capability of reproducing. Sexual and reproductive health is important for both men and women.
When it comes to women, sexual health problems can refer to
- Lack of sexual desire
- Inability to be sexually aroused
- Inability to achieve an orgasm
- Painful intercourse
There are many factors that could trigger these problems, such as
- Relationship problems
- Emotional distress
- Gynaecological problems
Some of the common gynaecological problems that affect women’s sexual health are
- Vaginal dryness
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Uterine fibroids
- Gynaecological cancer
- Interstitial cystitis
Endometriosis and some of the above mentioned diseases can also affect a woman’s reproductive health and cause problems with pregnancy. Exposure to STDs is another major reproductive health problem. STDs such as HIV, gonorrhoea and HPV are dangerous not only for the mother, but also affect the health of the baby. Reproductive health problems or women also include unwanted pregnancies, unsafe abortions and maternal death.
Being a victim of sexual violence affects both sexual and reproductive health. Sexual violence can be defined as a non-consensual sexual activity. While anyone can experience this, women have a higher risk of facing such violence than men. Sexual violence can cause a person to fear sex itself and in some cases can interfere with their ability to reproduce.
Though men’s interest in sex is often joked about, men too can face sexual health problems. This could be triggered by a physical or psychological condition. Erectile dysfunction and ejaculation disorders such as premature ejaculation or retrograde ejaculation are the two most common sexual health problems faced by men. Anxiety and depression along with illnesses such as diabetes and high blood pressure can also cause a loss of libido and sexual disinterest.
Men can also suffer from a low sperm count and low testosterone. In many cases, this can make a man infertile. Peyronie's disease and testicular cancer are other conditions that can affect a man’s sexual and reproductive health. Like women, men also need to protect themselves against STDs to ensure they remain sexually healthy.
Thankfully, most sexual and reproductive health problems can be treated and cured with a combination of medication and psychological counselling. Hence sexual and reproductive health problems should not be considered taboo but should be addressed as soon as possible.
Birth control is a method by which unwanted pregnancy is prevented. Partners can plan their childbearing in a better way using the increased levels of awareness about birth control. When it comes to birth control, women have more options than ever — but more choices also means there’s a lot more to consider. So how can you choose which pregnancy prevention method is right for you?
Methods of birth control:
- Intrauterine devices (IDs): These are most effective methods of birth control. The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by preventing fertilization of the egg. It prevents implantation of embryo.
- Sterilization: This is a process of birth control that renders a woman incapable of conception or a man incapable of sperm delivery. The process is conducted with the consent of the individual and can be done using either surgical or non-surgical methods. In both the cases, tubes carrying sperms (in males) and fallopian tubes (females) are either cut or blocked.
- Condoms: These are the most commonly used measures for birth control. Male and female condoms act as barriers and prevent the sperm from reaching the uterus.
- Oral contraceptive pills: These pills are the most popular measures of birth control used by women across the world. This is the most convenient way of postponing pregnancy. It doesn't have that many side-effects rather it's a very safe method with minimal side effects and no effect on future fertility.
- Contraceptive Injections: In this method, one hormone injection is administered, the effects of which last inside the body for a time period of 8 to 12 weeks i.e. 2-3 months. The contraceptive injection has the similar effects as that of contraceptive pills on birth control. Evidently, the shot is irreversible, which makes the woman infertile for a period of three months. However, similar to the pill, protection from STDs is not offered by contraceptive injections. But these injections can guarantee 99% safety and surety on being used.
- Birth Control Implant: An implant, the size of a cardboard match stick, is implanted underneath the skin of the upper arm. There are two brands that offer this implant which are Nexplanon and Implanon. This birth control method will help protect against pregnancy for up to 3 years.
- Diaphragm: A diaphragm is a piece of dome-shaped silicon which is inserted into the vagina, to cover the cervix and reduce the risk of pregnancy. Diaphragms prevent pregnancy by putting a barrier between the vagina and the cervix, thereby preventing sperm from accessing an egg. If the sperm cannot access an egg, fertilization cannot take place. Without fertilization, pregnancy is not possible.
- Natural Family Planning: Even though it is not any external pill or device, Natural Family Planning is also a method of birth control. It relies on the knowledge of timings of the menstrual cycle (periods) so that the couple can avoid sex during the time period when the woman is fertile.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition, which is born due to an imbalance of hormones within the female body. When this happens, the female body faces anumber of problems as far as her periods or menstrual cycles goes, besides finding it difficult to conceive naturally and easily. Let us find out more about this condition.
PCOS and hormones
To begin with, let us understand what hormones are. These are chemical impulses that send messages to various parts of the brain and rest of the body to signal the release of other kinds of hormones that may be vital for various functions. In PCOS, it is normally seen that the sex hormones are thrown out of balance, due to which the ovaries start producing a small dose of some male hormones. This creates problems as far as ovulation is concerned and also, it gives rise to the growth of facial hair, acne and changes in the overall appearance of the patient. Insulin resistance is another cause that may also trigger PCOS. It is also an inherited issue in many cases.
From irregular periods to an increase in acne and facial hair, there are many symptoms that may point at the existence of this condition. Fertility problems and issues related to normal ovulation are also often seen in women who are suffering from this condition due to the irregular periods. Additionally, depression may be seen in many patients who are suffering from this condition on a chronic basis. Thinning of hair and excess weight gain with difficulty in losing extra pounds may also be indicative of PCOS.
The diagnosis of PCOS is usually done with the help of a physical examination as well as a blood test that will primarily help in determining the sugar levels and insulin. The doctor will also conduct other hormone tests so as to understand which hormones are not in balance and which ones may be triggering changes in the body. Apart from all this, the doctor will also study the body mass index (BMI) of the patient to find out if there has been a sudden and drastic change on the weight of the patient. During the lab tests, where the blood and urine are examined, the doctor will also seek to rule out any anomalies in the thyroid gland. An ultrasound of the ovaries will also be conducted.
Weight loss programs as well as diet tweaks that remove excess dairy and meat may be recommended by the doctor. Further, the doctor may also put the patient on birth control pills so as to bring better balance of hormones. Moreover, moderate exercise will be required for the patient so that the normal production of hormones may be resumed eventually.
Pulmonary diseases are some of the most commonly experienced health conditions all over the world. Millions of people suffer due to various causes including genetics, smoking, pollutants and infection. Now lungs are one of the most important and complex organs of the body. They are the apparatus through which oxygen enters and carbon dioxide gets expelled.
Lungs expand and contract on a constant basis to ensure that we can breathe properly. Let us find out more about lung or pulmonary diseases.
- Asthma: This is one of the most common and potentially fatal conditions that affect children and adults. It grips the airways formed by the bronchi which branch off into smaller tubes from the main trachea that holds them. This condition causes inflammation, and even spasms, which can lead to wheezing and breathlessness. The main triggers of asthma attacks include allergies, infections and pollutants that may escape into the airways.
- COPD: This is also known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. It is an umbrella term used for various lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties due to an obstruction of the airways. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions that falls under COPD, and is usually characterised by persistent, hacking coughs.
- Cystic Fibrosis: This is another condition that affects the airways by causing poor passage of mucus from the bronchial tubes. This condition is a genetic one where the mucus that gathers eventually becomes a lung infection.
- Pneumonia: This is a condition that causes an infection in the alveoli, which are the tiny tubes that the airways branch into. These are air sacs that can catch myriad infections like pneumonia.
- Tuberculosis: This is also a kind of pneumonia, which is caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. This condition usually attacks the air sacs of the lungs and can be a potentially fatal disease if it is not treated on time. The patient will require immediate hospitalisation.
- Pulmonary Edema: This condition is caused by fluid leaks from the tiny blood vessels into the surrounding air sacs within the lungs. It can also be caused due to heart failure as well as back pressure which falls on the lungs. Direct injury to the lungs can also lead to this condition.
- Lung Cancer: This is a fatal disease which can be found in any part of the lungs. It has many forms and the type as well as the location usually determines the kind of treatment option that will be followed.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: When the lungs suffer a sudden injury which is usually caused by a bout of serious illness, it is called ARDS. Treatment involves the use of life support ventilation.
In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) has been a technology in blessing to many couples who previously faced the problems associated with infertility. Parents suffering from infertility problems due to various reasons like blocked fallopian tubes, ovulation disorders, uterus fibroids, male factor infertility etc. can opt an alternative assisted reproductive technology known as In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) wherein the fertilization is carried out by extracting an egg from female ovary and sperm from a male sample in a dish in a laboratory under proper experimental conditions.
After fertilization of the egg and the sperm, the embryo is planted into the uterus of the recipient women. There major types of IVF are gamete intra-fallopian transfer technology and zygote intra-fallopian transfer. The choice of the type depends on the patient conditions.
There are certain risks associated with the in-vitro fertilization technology which may include stress, procedural complications like anesthesia, egg retrieval process, miscarriages etc. It is thus essential that patients opt the clinics that are experienced and give priority to proper procedurals quality and ensure safety while undergoing treatment procedures. It is also advised that patients ask for detailed information related to the procedure and then make up their decision.
Here is the list of the top 10 IVF Centre’s in Delhi
Fortis India IVF clinic is a reputed facility which is highly recommended by the successful patients who have undergone the IVF treatment. The Clinic is well equipped with the latest medical diagnostic and treatment tools and houses experienced and qualified specialist so that the success rates for the IVF treatment is high. The clinic offers medical care from laparoscopic surgeons to infertility specialist.
The goal of the center is to provide the best healthcare solution and patient welfare through the dedicated support of their experienced specialist and technology. Due to the high success rate of the IVF specialist at the center the clinic is highly recommended for such treatments.
Location: Vasant Kunj
The Indogulf Hospital offers a reputed one-stop infertility and assisted reproduction clinic to the couples who are undergoing treatment to overcome their infertility issues. The center is a blend of people, technology, specialties, experience, and process so as to provide a proper care for all issues to overcome infertility.
The clinic has a good success rate and provides evidence-based fertility solutions. It depends on its dedicated team effort of embryologists, Para-medical staff, anthologist and technical staff to provide a proper care solution to its patients.
Location: Sector-19 Noida
FSIVF and Research Center is one amongst the top fertility treatment medical center which provides fertility solutions based on the cause of the patients. Over the years the medical clinic at FSIVF has proven its success rates through its dedicated teamwork and world-class medical technologies. The center provides various IVF treatments, Laparoscopy, Artificial Insemination Treatment, Ovulation Induction Treatment etc. Apart from world-class technology and experienced expertise the center provides psychological support to its patients thus giving a personalized care to its patients.
Gaudium IVF with an ambition to bring in joy to the families across the world is one amongst the top IVF medical clinics in the Delhi region. It is a government-approved medical clinic for advanced fertility treatment and has nine different centers across the Northern region of the country. The Gaudium IVF & Gynac Solution is specialized in IVF technology and has an integration of technology, expertise, and personalized care.
The success rate of the fertility is very good and thus the center has been applauded through numerous awards. The center provides IVF fertilization treatment, intrauterine insemination treatment, Egg donation and Surrogacy services all at affordable costs.
Location: Chander Nagar, Janakpuri West, Delhi
SCI IVF Hospital is the leading IVF facility in the south Delhi. Under the esteemed visionary leadership of Dr. Vishal Dutt, the center has been able to be in happiness in the lives of various couples across the country. The Centre is known for its quality services, experienced doctors, and cleanliness.
The laboratory has all the needed advanced equipment’s so as to provide the best outcomes for its patients even with complexity in their cases. The major treatments offered by the centre are In -Vitro Fertilization, Assisted Hatching, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection, Pre-implantation Screening etc.
Location: Kailash Colony, Delhi
Elixir IVF Center is an incredible and experienced association of IVF pro and embryologists, who can offer you the present most progressive and compelling strategies in IVF treatment. The centre is famous for its world-class treatment services and transparency in services.
The centre provides personalized services with quality at affordable rates. With highly trained expertise from Germany and Singapore and with its cutting-edge technology, the centre has proven its quality through high success rates.
Location: Gujranwala Town
A blend of state –of the art- facility, cutting-edge technology, and qualified health care Gynaecologist the Dr.Jain's-Bliss & Bless Women's Health Clinic provides excellent IVF and fertility services to their patients. The Clinic aims to bring in proper treatment solutions to their patients at right time and at affordable rates.
Location: Mehrauli, Delhi
Dynamic Fertility and IVF Centre has been recognized as one of the top IVF centre in the Delhi. This centre has served to nearly 10,000 and above patients since its operations from 2010. The center medical experts look into the root cause of infertility and then direct the course in accordance to it. It takes utmost priority to provide the best services and with full dedication to satisfying the patient needs.
Location: South Extension Part - I, Near McDonalds Delhi
MI Heart & Women's Health Care Clinic and Diagnostic Centre offer various treatments like fertility advice, female reproductive problems, and IVF treatments at affordable rates and in a trustworthy manner. Each patient is given a special personalized care so as to overcome the stress during the treatment and with experience and best advice have a joyful life ahead.
Location: Sarita Vihar
Akanksha IVF Centre aims to provide happiness to the patients suffering from infertility through its dedicated expertise and advanced technology in the best, transparent and stress-free manner. It provides services like intracytoplasmic sperm injection, intrauterine insemination, IVF and Surrogacy at affordable rates and in a personalized manner. Through its dedication, the centre has achieved a high success rate of fertilization.
My fiancee suffered the stomach ache during MC. She does not have to be tolerated. During MC bleeding like a water tap. We were gone to the doctor, she gave the some medicine related to hemoglobin. She completed MC time and after that she suffered stomach ache below the navel. It is high and she can not be tolerate more. What is the problem and how can be solve it? Can you suggest which type of food she can be eat & which type of doctor we required for further care of my fiancee.
Hi I’m an obese person and my breast size is big now it’s been months I have notice red colour pimples on both the breast in large quantity and some boils on and off worried about this and I’m suffering from diabetes.
Surgical procedures are commonly categorized by urgency, type of procedure, body system involved, degree of invasiveness, and special instrumentation.