Doctor in Dr. Harne Hospital
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Harne HospitalYour feedback matters!
In–vitro fertilization of IVF is a medical process through which a woman’s egg is fertilized with the sperm in a test tube, petri dish in a laboratory. IVF is not just useful for getting pregnant, it also helps in curing a lot of other conditions as well.
Conditions which can be treated by IVF
IVF may not be able to completely cure certain medical conditions but they can treat these conditions to a huge extent. Such medical conditions are:
• Treatment for people with genetic deformities - There are a lot of people out there who suffer from a huge risk of having genetically deformed babies but IVF can help prevent that. In such circumstances, the concerned people can choose the embryos, which do not contain such deformities, and the process through which this is done is called preimplantation genetic diagnosis. This treatment can also be performed on people who have consistent miscarriages.
• Ovulation problems - Women whose ovaries have difficulties in producing eggs on a normal basis can be helped by the IVF treatment.
• Vaginal and cervical complications - Sometimes, certain surgeries can cause injuries and extreme scarring on top of the vagina and also cervix problems. IVF can solve this problem by placing the embryo straight in the uterine cavity, avoiding the cervix.
• Multiple factors causing infertility - Sometimes both male and female infertility can be caused by several factors. In case there is a slight scarring of the fallopian tubes accompanied by a sperm problem, IVF can be used to remedy this and hikes up the chances of conception and fertilization.
• Damage in fallopian tubes or tubal damage - When a woman’s fallopian tubes are extremely damaged that surgery also cannot remedy it, IVF comes into play. This is because IVF circumvents the fallopian tubes and does the job. But before considering this treatment, consult your gynaecologist because if the fallopian tubes are slightly injured then the IVF treatment is not necessary.
• Endometriosis - Endometriosis is a type of condition in which the uterine lining develops outside the uterus. Even though it is not the only option for dealing with this condition, IVF does help in remedying it to some extent.
• Unclear reasons for infertility - When it becomes very difficult to find the reasons causing infertility, IVF helps in diagnosing it. In this matter, the success rates are quite high for IVF.
Even though IVF is hardly used as the first mode of treatment in case of fertility complications, you can consider it as your next best option. IVF is known all around the world for it’s benefits and usage. But before going for any IVF treatments, make sure to go and consult your doctor and take his opinion about whether you really need it or not.
Vulvodynia refers to a chronic pain in the vulva, a condition suffered by most women. Triggered generally by an unidentifiable cause, the pain was not considered as a real pain syndrome until of late. The ambiguity of the condition is such that many who do suffer from it fails to realize its complications.
There are primarily two types of Vulvodynia:
1. Generalized Vulvodynia: This is when the pain is all over the vulva, however different parts may pain at different times. It may be a constant pain or may occur occasionally.
2. Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: The pain is in the vestibule area or the entrance of the vagina is known as vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. This kind of pain mostly exhibits a burning sensation and is triggered even by a slight touch. During intercourse the pain manifolds to extreme severity.
Although the cause of Vulvodynia is not known, doctors suspect the following reasons to be the contributing factors:
1. Nerve injury
3. Yeast infections
4. Sexual abuse in the past
5. Muscle Spasm
6. Hormonal changes
1. Burning sensations
2. Aching or soreness
No well versed cure is available for Vulvodynia, although certain self care treatments can bring relief. Among the many, you need to figure out which method suits you best and choose accordingly. To discern the best method, you might have to try various different combinations. At the same time, it is extremely important to educate yourself about Vulvodynia and have a thorough knowledge about what it is all about. It is advisable that you maintain a record of the treatments which according to you suit you the most in order to avoid confusion.
Some of the methods are given below:
1. Avoid products which might act as potential irritants near the vulva.
2. Do not put much pressure on the vulva. Avoid activities which might exert direct pressure on it.
3. Whenever it pains, try to soothe the area by soaking it in lukewarm water or applying ice on it.
4. Use medications like lidocaine to relieve pain.
5. Certain exercises might also help relax the area.
6. Biofeedback also helps relax the vaginal muscles and bring some relief.
I am 24 years old and have pcos. I had irregular periods thus was under treatment for 6 months for pcos. I do exercise regularly. I had not been using medicines since november. I got periods twice in december. I am planning to have a baby. Do I need to worry about it?
What is salt and sodium?
Salt is made of sodium (40% by weight) and chloride (60% by weight). Sodium is a crucial electrolyte in the body. Sodium is an essential nutrient necessary for maintenance of plasma volume and blood pressure, acid-base balance, transmission of nerve impulses and normal cell function.
Different types of salt?
- Table salt or common salt
- Sea salt
- Himalayan rock salt (sendha namak and black salt)
The primary advantages of various types of salts other than common salt is having trace minerals (in very small amounts) and lack of processing and additives.
How salt intake normally?
WHO recommends that adults consume less than 5 g (just under a teaspoon) of salt per day. This goes around 2300mg of sodium per day. But, most Indian people consume too much salt - on average 9-12 grams per day.
What are health hazards of high salt intake?
How high intake of sodium cause kidney disease?
High salt intake is associated with kidney disease by two mechanisms:
Causing hypertension, vascular injury and proteinuria.
FOOD containing high salts?
Fast foods, preserved and packaged foods like:
- Bread products
- Salted and dry-roasted nuts
- Salt fish
- Smoked meat and fish
- Soy sauce
- Stock cubes
Many snack foods - chips, crackers, and pretzels - contain several hundred milligrams of sodium per serving.
Conditions where low salt is beneficial?
How to reduce sodium (salt) intake?
- Not adding salt during the preparation of food
- Not having a salt shaker on the table
- Limiting the consumption of salty snacks
- Choosing products with lower sodium content
- Remove salt from recipes whenever possible
- Use salt substitutes wisely
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and low-fat dairy
- Use onions, garlic, herbs, spices, citrus juices and vinegars in place of some or all of the salt to add flavour
- Drain and rinse canned beans (like chickpeas, kidney beans, etc.) and vegetables
- Combine lower-sodium versions of food with regular versions. This will not differ much in taste. This works especially well for broths, soups and tomato-based pasta sauces.
- Cook pasta, rice and hot cereal without salt
- Cook by grilling, braising, roasting, searing and sautéing to bring out natural flavors. This will reduce the need to add salt
- Incorporate foods with potassium like sweet potatoes, potatoes, greens, tomatoes.