Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. Mayuri SawantYour feedback matters!
I am scared of being in any more relationships. My age 32. Lets begin how it started. 1st relationship started in 10th. We were family friends all was going well. In 4th year engineering I found she was cheating me since 10th (1st relationship 7 years). 2nd relationship was about to start but as 1st ended so couldn't propose her and she got married. Then I got married at age 29. My wife was money minded n married only for money. Left me for his boyfriend in 20 days. Then divorce case n alimony paid 20 lakhs. The case ran for 2.5 years. Jan 3rd 2015 the girl who got married came in contact with me again and this time she proposed me and I was at my 7th Heaven. Her divorce n mine was going parallel. I got divorced earlier n she had a boyfriend (mad n possessive) who complicated her case n put her n me wrong manner In front of her parents by calling them again and again side by side her husband was putting pressure for divorce. I was only support for her. But circumstances forced us to stay out of contact till July 8 2016.In between her all numbers were switched off, laptop broken by husband, phone taken away. She sent email saying we can not contact else her case will complicate further as she is not being given phone n she at home since 1 year (resigned from job in may 2015. With her all my memories, songs, movies, outing all attached. Very difficult to forget what happened. Please help.
My father eats tobacco he wants to get rid from it. He tries it many time but unsuccessful .then from which medicines they get rid.
What should be done to clear the speech if one has suffered a stroke and is still trying to recover after 14 months?
I am female 29 am going through a habit of over thinking and unable to explain what I actually wants. I feared of losing myself somewhere I dont know how I make sure people to believe me sometime I take decision immediately and sometime I feel alone.
I want to know the symptoms of depression. I am stressed a lot and sometimes feel that its better to die. But because I am a fighter, I compose myself and face the problem. Sometimes even small issue triggers the stress levels and I feel life to be useless. Kindly guide. Thanks.
I am 25, female, before 2 years I was a victim of substance abuse, I do not know what was that, it was mixed in an ice cream, and when I ate it, I felt very cold in the nerves of my head till top and he moved my head to right side, and then I became like a body, I do not remember much, also I am facing memory problems now, I can't remember most things which I did today or yesterday or even before an hour. A doctor asked me to have nexito tablets - 5 mg, 10 mg then 15 mg. Now I am taking 10 mg, but sometimes I discontinue it. I FEEL DISCONNECTED MOST OF THE TIMES, MAYBE I HAVE FORGOT MOST THINGS OF MY PAST, THAT'S WHY, ALSO I AM FACING PROBLEMS LIKE COORDINATION, NOT WHILE MOVING, BUT LIKE WHILE I DRESS, OR DO ANY TASK, LIKE THE PART JOINING THE LEFT SIDE OF HEAD AND RIGHT SIDE OF HEAD PAINS, IN THE NERVES AND THE CENTER OF THE HEAD INCLUDING RIGHT EYEBROWS, I face problems implementing any task, I am unable to awake in the morning also sleep on time, like the brain is not working properly, I do not even remember what I studied earlier, maybe the nerves joining both sides of brain are affected, could you please suggest me what medicines to take, not painkillers like ibuprofen, I want medicines to improve my memory also what should I eat to heal the nerves affected? I think it was marijuana and many things mixed in that ice cream, also is there any way through which I may recall things related to studies which I studied earlier before eating that drug?
Smoking has several bad effects on your body, and it can invite many diseases be it related to the heart, lungs, brain or respiratory system. Millions of people everywhere in this world die from problems triggered by smoking. Cigarette smoking is one of the most harmful threats to your body; there is no way you can expect to remain safe while being an addict. It is not easy to give up smoking in a day. You might require some other sort of oral stimulation in the process of quitting.
There are many toxic compounds in a cigarette which further damage your cells. Tobacco is carcinogenic and hence cigarette smoking can result in several types of cancer. Tobacco smoke mainly consists of:
- Nicotine: This is an extremely addictive substance. As smokers are hooked to the nicotine, they find it very hard to quit. This acts really fast on their lungs, and reaches to the brain within 15 seconds after you inhale.
- Carbon monoxide: It is a dangerous gas without any taste or smell. You body absorbs it immediately as it is very hard to discriminate between oxygen and carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide decreases heart rate and muscle functions thus pushing you towards slow death.
- Tar: It is a poisonous chemical which causes cancer. Whilst smoking, 70% tar remains in your lungs. It is basically a sticky brown material.
Smoking is one of the most important reasons behind preventable deaths. The diseases that can be caused by smoking are:
- Brain: stroke is one most threatening diseases that can be caused by smoking. Smoking increases your chances of suffering from a stroke. Smoking increases brain aneurysm, which develops the chances of stroke. It can rupture the blood vessels in your brain and it can lead to brain death too.
- Heart: when you smoke the smoke enters the blood vessels of your body and it damages the blood circulation system. It can give you several heart diseases like - stroke, heart attack, coronary heart problem and peripheral heart problem.
- Lungs: your lungs get the worst effects of smoking. Asthma, cough, wheezing and cold are just the tip of the iceberg. Your lungs directly absorb the nicotine and tar. Other diseases like pneumonia, lung cancer and emphysema can also occur.
- Mouth and throat: smoking causes very common oral problems like bad breath and stained teeth. It can also cause gum cancer and throat cancer. 93% of throat, head and neck cancers occur due to smoking.
- Infertility and reproduction: smoking destroys blood vessels, which supply blood to the penis causing male impotence. It destroys sperm count in men and egg count in women. It can also cause cervical cancer. Apart from this smoking also causes premature birth, stillbirth and illness.
I have pancreatic problem and treatment is going on. I have habit of smoking. Kindly suggest if I use nicotine gum, will it ok. I am in doubt to use it because I take medicine for my disease. please suggest.
Hi doctor I am 24 years old female unmarried my question is how to forget someone whom you love hum jaldi kisi se bi close ho jaye hai per use dur hone ke bad kaise rahe pls tell me suggestion what should I do? As I am facing this problem I am not able to concentrate on my professional life how I deal with it? Pls tell me ASAP.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.