Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts.read more
Packaged food is bad for health. As it has artificial ingredients which can harm the body. You avoid it, will be the best option. Instead of that you can always have salad, home cooked food, fruits and nuts. Which gives you fiber and important protein from your diet. Having a healthy diet is very essential. So eat healthy to stay healthyread more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Pujah Kundaar
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Pujah KundaarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pujah Kundaar to be very helpful, well-reasoned, sensible and professional. Thanks to Dr. Pujah Kundaar for a sensible and well reasoned reply.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pujah Kundaar to be very helpful. Thanks dr. For your valuable advice . It's very helpful to me . Thank you so much
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pujah Kundaar to be knowledgeable. Really Thanks mam you are really good knowledgeable mam thank a lot
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pujah Kundaar to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you so much for guidance
Dt. Pujah Kundaar provides answers that are caring. Good
Despite them being sweet and tasty, there are no nutritional benefits to sodas whatsoever. Moreover, doctors from all over the globe have concluded that numerous health risks are linked to soda pop consumption.
- It might sound weird but soda is a useless drink which can be avoided easily. Sodas have been found to contain nothing but sugar and calories. There is really no reason why you should drink soda. Further, even diet sodas may do more harm than good, despite the claim that they have zero to no calories.
- Because of the presence of large amounts of high-fructose corn syrup, soda increases the risk of obesity. Furthermore, its high sugar content has perverse effects on hormonal levels in your body. Soda consumption is also associated with the development of type 2 diabetes, besides other complications like increased appetite and greater difficulty in losing weight.
- Soda has been proved to be injurious to your major organs, and is associated with conditions like chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease and metabolic syndrome.
- Soda consumption also tends to soften bone structure and contributes to lower bone density. The presence of caffeine and phosphorus in most sodas further increases the risk of osteoporosis.
- Sugar in soda combines with bacteria present in your mouth to form certain types of acid. These acids, along with carbolic acid inherently present in carbonated sodas, work together to have a damaging influence on your teeth, leading to cavities and tooth decay.
Fortunately, there are tons of options which you can choose over soda pop. These alternative beverages naturally have a high nutritive value thus conferring you with health benefits. A few of the examples include:
a) Water - Detox water, coconut water & salted lemonade
b) Milk - Buttermilk, Dark chocolate milk, healthy milkshakes and smoothies
c) Juices - Fruit juices & Vegetable juices
d) Tea & Coffee - Iced tea/Iced coffee
e) Other drinks - Powdered drink mixes
Sir, I have my sgpt 148 and sgot 67. I have ultra sound. It remarks hepatomegaly with fatty level grade 2. please advise me.
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts.
Packaged food is bad for health. As it has artificial ingredients which can harm the body. You avoid it, will be the best option. Instead of that you can always have salad, home cooked food, fruits and nuts. Which gives you fiber and important protein from your diet. Having a healthy diet is very essential. So eat healthy to stay healthy
I am 17 years old and my nose is broad if I reduce my body weight or face fat does it help me in reshaping my nose?
The human body is designed to process foods with the help of fibers. The benefits of fibers are being recognized widely, and people are being advised to increase their fiber content. As per ICMR guidelines an adult’s diet should contain close to 40gms of fiber. On an average, your body needs at least 25 to 30 g of fiber daily.
Our body requires two types of fibers - soluble and insoluble. The soluble fiber absorbs water during digestion, contributes to stool bulk, and are believed to reduce cholesterol levels. Fruits, vegetables, legumes, oats, and barley are good sources of soluble fibers.
The insoluble fiber is required for good movement of food through the intestines. These are found in fruits, vegetables, beans and whole grains like wheat, rice, barley, and oats.
It takes a little planning to ensure your food is fibrous, but the benefits will be lot and long-lasting.
1. Vegetables: You have toensure that each meal of yours is as colorful as possible. Include good amounts of carrots, radish, greens, legumes, tomatoes, cabbage, and any vegetable that you like in each meal. This helps you get all the fiber and nutrients that you want in a meal. Baked, boiled, raw - choose any form that you like.
2. Fruits - It is advisable to eat a raw fruit as compared to having its juice. The fiber content reduces when you convert a fruit into juice. Try not to discard the peel, unless it is not edible at all (for example pineapple or jackfruit). Fruits, along with vegetables, form the most natural and best source of fiber. About 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day will get you all the fiber you need for a day - 25 to 30 g per day. Berries, pears, prunes, figs, apples, oranges, mangoes, pineapples - take your pick.
3. Whole grains: Whether you are picking up bread, noodles, cookies, or a packet of pasta, make sure they are made of whole grains and not refined flour. Include one cereal in your breakfast. Oats, barley, wheat germ powder, flaxseeds can all be good sources of fiber. Replace white rice with brown rice to get more fiber.
4. Water: Though not a direct contributor to fiber, increasing the water intake makes the fiber from the above mentioned foods more effective. It promotes better food passage through the intestines and contributes to better stool. It also reduces the bloated feeling that you get with increased fiber.
I have leg heel pain from past few days. I consult with local doctor he said you have to reduce your bodyweight. Please help me for this. What I have to do?
Excessive fat in the body can cause a host of health complications such as diabetes, high blood pressure, gout and disorders related to the gallbladder. However, there are certain food types that can help you achieve a healthy body with optimal fat levels.
- Greek yoghurt: This yoghurt contains higher amounts of protein and fewer carbohydrates as compared to regular yoghurt. It will help you feel full for a longer duration and prevent over eating.
- Green tea: Apart from its antioxidant properties which are beneficial to the body, it also raises the metabolic rate in the body to burn calories. Catechin is a compound present in green tea that aids in getting rid of belly fat.
- Chili peppers: Capsaicin an active ingredient of chili peppers helps in boosting metabolism which in turn burns fat.
- Chicken: Chicken mostly consists of lean protein that requires more calories to digest as compared to digesting fats and carbohydrates. Lean protein also helps build muscle in the body which burn more calories when the body is at rest.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon aids the body in transporting the sugar into the cells so that it can be used as energy and not stored as fat.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a type of super food as they contain plenty of minerals and vitamins. Egg protein helps in feeling full and satiated for a longer duration.
- Non starchy vegetables: Non starchy vegetables such as squash and zucchini contain fiber that helps you feel fuller. They also contain very less carbohydrates hence they do not add much calorific value to the body.
- Oily fish like salmon: Salmon is extremely rich in high-quality protein and healthy fats. It also possesses all types of important nutrients. Fish and seafood in general, supply a significant amount of iodine. Mackerel, trout, sardines, herring, and other types of oily fish are also very helpful in fat loss.
- MCT oil: Studies have proven that MCT oils, particularly C8 and C10, help in fat and calories burning, no matter what kind of diet you follow.
- Apple cider vinegar: Taking Apple cider vinegar at the same time as a high-carb meal can increase feelings of fullness and make people eat 200 to 275 fewer calories for the rest of the day. This automatically helps in fat loss.
Respected doctors, I am 31 years male, I want to know that is it safe to have a cup of green tea with honey early morning empty stomach or we must avoid having green tea early morning. Please also help me to understand advantages and disadvantages of green tea.
A rising number of teenage girls in our country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an early menarche has become very rampant these days, researchers have found polycystic ovaries in young girls even before puberty thus delaying menarche. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD occurrence in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases, and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are advised a strictly balanced diet which will help them to lose weight. When menarche is delayed, a visit to gynaecologist leads to diagnosis of PCOD. What’s worse isthat they could never imagine that their obesity paved the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like:
- Delayed and irregular menses
- Rapid weight gain
- Tremendous difficulty in losing weight
- Acne and blocked skin pores
- Thinning of hair on scalp
- Excessive growth of hair on chest, back and face
- Repeated miscarriages
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some possess a predisposition to this disease, and it may be hereditary in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly.
Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables daily. Try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead might help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to processed cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
The following dietary tips can be helpful with the condition:
- High levels of the insulin hormone causes PCOS symptoms like high blood sugar, increased hair growth, weight gain etc. So, refined foods rich in fat and carbohydrates should be consumed in small amounts.
- Whole foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans should be consumed in their natural, uncooked form. These are low glycemic foods that reduce the level of glucose in circulation.
- Intake of salt should be limited. You should not consume more than 3 grams of salt a day.
- Green vegetables have antioxidants. These are good for those suffering with PCOS because their high level of antioxidants content helps reduce oxidative stress.
- Your daily diet should contain at least 30 grams of fiber to improve the digestion and remove toxins.
- Milk and dairy products are best avoided because milk might increase the level of testosterone (male hormone) in the body.
- Soy products should also be avoided, especially if you are trying to conceive, because they interfere with the ovulation cycle.
- Processed fat is harmful but essential fatty acids found in avocado, fish, olive oil and nuts are important for the body.
- High levels of male hormones also cause high cholesterol. So foods which have high saturated fats like butter, cream and fatty meat should not be included in the regular diet of women with PCOS.
- Protein-rich foods like lean meat, fish, legumes, whole grains are beneficial as protein can stabilize blood sugar. These foods also keep you feeling full and prevent over-eating.
PCOD is such a condition which you can never afford to overlook.