Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vrajesh DubeyYour feedback matters!
A healthy skin can slow down the aging process and prevent skin problems. Diet and exercise are key factors that keep the skin healthy. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
6 ways to keep your skin healthy are:
- Regular exercise and Hydration: Regular cardio exercises, such as jogging and swimming pumps the blood that carry nutrients and oxygen to the skin. Exercise causes loss of water in the body, which needs to be replenished. Water keeps the skin healthy and prevents skin problems such as acne and dry skin.
- Sun protection: Constant exposure to sun rays can cause a host of skin problems, such as skin cancer, wrinkles and age spots. The main culprits are the ultraviolet rays of the sun, which can cause damage to the skin when it is exposed. Using sunscreen and protective clothing can help protect the skin against UV rays.
- Intake of antioxidants: Exposure to sun, pollution and other environmental factors give rise to free radicals in the skin. These free radicals damage cells in the skin by oxidation. Foods rich in antioxidants are fruits and vegetables can limit the damage caused by free radicals.
- Stress management: Stress can trigger the skin sensitivity, which causes it to be acne prone. Thus, managing stress is beneficial for maintaining a healthy skin.
- Smoking: Smoking narrows the blood vessels in the skin that deliver oxygen and nutrients. Hence, it should be avoided to stay clear of these problems.
- Collagen supplements: These collagen supplements, especially in peptide form, considerable reduces wrinkles and will keep your skin firm and resilient.
Related Tip: "Does Drinking Water Help in Improving Skin Health?"
Dear doctors. Can I use mela care cream My skin is dark Aur iske side effect or good result kya he Or kese use kare? Please suggest me doctor.
Hello, I am suffering from heavy dark circles under eyes. Please suggest me one effective ointment for fast recovery. Please. Waiting for your answer.
Causes of skin discoloration and its types
Skin discoloration is a condition where the overall color of skin appears patchy and uneven. This generally takes the form of dark spots, blotchiness, jagged sunburns, etc. It is caused due to unequal distribution of melanin, the pigment responsible for imparting color to the skin.
Melanin is produced by the melanocyte cells in the epidermis layer of the skin. This pigment plays a protective role in the skin, particularly when it comes to defense against sun damage. Production of melanin is generally uniform through the skin but sometimes, various anomalies cause some parts of the skin to produce excess melanin whereas others may produce none at all. This leads to discoloration of the skin, making the appearance of skin tone irregular and non-uniform.
What are the different types of skin discoloration?
There are various types of skin discoloration which are caused by different medical and nonmedical conditions.
Some of them are as follows:
- Melasma. This type of skin discoloration occurs due to fluctuations in the levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body. This condition is found most commonly in pregnant women.
- Vitiligo. This is a medical condition which is caused when melanocyte cells cease to function or die. It manifests itself in the form of white patches that appear on the skin.
- Sunburns and Tans. These appear on the skin in the form of dark patches, uneven splotches and burns. It is caused by unprotected and prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Tinea Versicolor. This type of skin discoloration is caused by a fungal infection that makes skin appear dull and flaky in patches. It occurs due to hormone level fluctuations or a malfunction in the immune system.
- Skin Cancer. When the skin gets affected by melanomas and carcinomas, it appears discolored. This type of discoloration changes shape, size and texture and requires the immediate attention of a specialist.
- Other causes of skin discoloration include genetic inheritance, allergic reactions and drug reactions. The diagnosis of treatment depends on the exact nature of the condition and varies from case to case.
Related Tip: Can Use of Sunscreen Reduce Skin's Aging?
Doctor I was using panderm plus cream on my face for darkspots n face lighting but from many people I herd that its give negative result of thinking of skin etc so I stop it So tell me another cream for dark spots n face lighting please at a medium range which give best result on my face.
I have boil in my private area. I always keep that area clean. If I press it its paining. Please advice.
My age is 42 and good in health. But face is going black slowly day by day. My skin under the eyes is also going black. How can I glow may face skin and look preety.
I'm 19 years old male. I have black skin tone and small holes on my cheeks. What I have to do to get result.
Hello sar my wife, s face chick dark spot problem like jhaiyan I need help to his clean n clear face. So please ask me the best treatment for jhaiyan.
I have a desk job, weight 70, age 30 plus ,from last three months I am suffering from low bp. headache cholesterol is also raised for that I am taking jupiros 10, and I am also taking lactic acid bacillus and pro biotech tablet, for ibs problem can I take them along with jupiros 10.
Hello mam I have small small holes on my face. To many dark spots also .the skin color of my face does not stay permanent sometimes it turns white n sometimes black .i want clear n healthy skin.
I am going out sometime .my face was too dull even dark spot around the eyes. Then skin was not shining .what I can take? Plzz tell medicine and soap for brightening face
My facial skin was very smooth before, however, when I fell sick of dengue, due to the red rashes on whole of the facial skin and body, my face skin has now become very rough, rugged and poky, please suggest me any medication to make my facial skin smooth again.
The skin can get discoloured and dull and lose its glow. Freckles, sun exposure and scars are some usual causes, which can damage your skin. The usual over-the-counter cosmetic remedies for skin problems only provide temporary results.
Homeopathy stresses on fixing problems from within. Unlike other cosmetic creams, homeopathy can guarantee zero side-effects. The ingredients are all natural and do not harm your body. Homeopathy goes beyond the visible problems; it looks at what ails the body from inside.
Top Homeopathic Remedies for Healthy Skin:
- Berberis Aquifolium: If you want a clear complexion, then Berberis Aquifolium would be great for you. Dark skin and scarring caused by acne is best cured with this homeopathic remedy.
- Sulphur: Sulphur clears up dirty and dull skin. When the skin is unhealthy, dry, dull and scaly, then Sulphur is prescribed. It nourishes the skin and makes it glow.
- Psorinum: If you have dark, oily or greasy complexion, Psorinum can clear your skin. Pimples show up when sebaceous glands get extremely active. Psorinum will clear pimples, brighten the skin and manages the oiliness. Psorinum cleans the pores as well.
- Bovista: If your skin has been damaged badly with incessant use of makeup and other cosmetic products, then Bovista is the best solution for you. Using makeup products day in and day out causes pimples, dark complexion, so on. Bovista can clear skin up considerably and bring a bright glow to your face.
- Sepia: Discolouration of the skin from Chloasma (tanning of complexion) is best treated with Sepia. Chloasma usually occurs to pregnant women or women with hormonal and menstrual problems. Liver disease can also lead to Chloasma. Sepia works wonders in removing brown spots.
- Silicea and Kali Bromatum: These remedies clear the facial scars that are caused by pimples. Silicea works best if the pimples are filled with pus. If hard pressed, pimples have caused discolouration and facial scarring. Kali Bromatum is beneficial in such a case. It helps the skin to revive its natural clarity.
- Natrum Mur, Lycopodium and Phosphorus: These remedies are used mostly to treat skin that is freckled. Freckles form when there is prolonged exposure to the sun. These medicines help remove the pigmentation and clear the skin.
Are you bored with how your skin appears? Well, there are techniques to give it a new life. Your skin’s natural baby look can be back with techniques like chemical peels. It is a technique that can improve the appearance of your skin. A chemical solution is put on the skin. It causes the skin to exfoliate and later beef off. The new skin looks smooth and it is free from wrinkles. The new skin is more sensitive to the sun on a temporary basis. There are three types of chemical peel:
Superficial or Lunchtime Peel: In this technique, alpha-hydroxy acid or some mild acid is made to penetrate into the outer layer of skin. This exfoliates the skin. It helps to deal with mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
Medium Peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is put on the skin so as to penetrate the middle layers of skin. It removes damaged skin cells. The treatment is used for improving age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Deep Peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layer of the skin. It will help in removing moderate lines, and shallow scars.
What must be done before considering a chemical peel?
It is always advisable to consult a dermatologist first before taking up the decision to try a chemical peel.
What are the skin flaws that can be treated by chemical peels?
Chemical peels are used for treating a number of skin problems, including the following ones:
Who should not take up a chemical peel?
It is generally believed that light-haired and fair-skinned people can go for chemical peels. It doesn’t go well with dark-skinned patients. It is also not recommended for people living with some infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.