Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay ChincholeYour feedback matters!
My wife isn't well. She has really bad cough now and always keeps coughing. I ask her not to smoke but she refuses and smokes. Is there anyway to reduce the effects of smoking while not quiting smoking? Pls suggest some ways to cure her cough without any medicine, only through natural way.
What is Schizophrenia?
We all know it as a debilitating mental illness that plagues people across the globe. Schizophrenic patients often feel like they are being overtaken by situations and events that are beyond their control. They may complain of seeing people who are not there or hearing voices where there are none. This happens because the neurotransmitters in the brain of the patient do not function appropriately. There are various types, causes and symptoms of this disease. Read up to know more.
- Symptoms: Psychotic symptoms like delusion are common in patients suffering from this disease. Also, the patient may be severely blunted in the emotional sense and may bear a lost look and wear a feeling of loss or absence at all times. The thought process or cognition of the patient may also suffer in such cases. Poor concentration and lack of coordination are some symptoms of this kind of suffering. Hallucinations and distorted thought processes also characterise the patient to a great extent. The patient may also display certain typical symptoms like social withdrawal, extreme apathy, and lack of motivation. The patient will also be in an emotionally numb state once the delusions have lessened.
- Causes: So what causes Schizophrenia, really? While no tests or conclusive examinations exist to pin point the exact diagnosis or cause of the disease, there are many factors that can contribute to the development and progression of the same. Hereditary factors play up in many cases while chemical imbalances in the brain also lead to this condition. The serotonin levels and the functioning of the neurotransmitters are the most significant causes of this disease, in such cases. Excessive abuse of drugs like LSD and cannabis can also contribute to this condition, while family relations and a dysfunctional environment can also lead to this disease.
- Types: There are many different kinds of Schizophrenia. One of them is Paranoid Schizophrenia, which makes the patient highly suspicious. Disorganised Schizophrenia can lead to incoherence in speech and thought. Catatonic Schizophrenia can cause social withdrawal while Residual Schizophrenia can lead to a complete lack of motivation. Finally, Schizoaffective Disorder can lead to major mood swings.
The various kinds of Schizophrenia are characterised by varying degrees of mood swings, depression, paranoia and delusional thinking. The progression of the disease can be checked with the help of cognitive behavioural therapy, which can help in reprogramming the brain of the patient to a great degree. Rehabilitation programs as well as case management can help in the long run. But the key here is to recognise the symptoms early on and get the treatment or counselling started to reduce the symptoms and their spread.
I have alot anxiety, I feel nervous all day, its been months since I go out, I have agoraphobia (I think so, I feel too much tired all day, my legs hurt ,sometimes my stomach aches! What to do?
I always think negative.(negative mind) what shall I do. How i will overcome from this problem. My age is 28.
Sir, I have a problem in my sexual activity. When ever I used to masturbate or having sex with my girlfriend, I was getting too much harassment. Even I forget the very little work, like if m going to my institute I forgot my pen or the subject which were going to be discussed in class. N getting too much irritated in vry little thing like any body can some normal fun then I was taking it too seriously n do fight with those peoples. Please suggest me wht can I do in this case. Sumit.
I am very depressed now. I was good in study in class x and class xii. After passing HS I lost my father, from then all the responsibility of my family come over me though I have a elder brother. Now I am a student of 3rd year math hons . I can't concentrate in my study. I am doing tuition for money. I have a girl friend also. She is brilliant in study but they are very poor . I want that anyhow she can continue this. For this I have earn extra money. But I want to study also . But this is a huge pressure for me. I can not understand what should I do . Please tell how can I concentrate on my study ?
My husband's liver is 17.5 cm, he has been diagnosed with an enlarged liver, he has been drinking for 30 years.
I am a 23-year old boy. I have been very stressed and suffering from anxiety for the past 6 months. I had severe dandruff, which I am now relieved from. My question is that I have been losing my hair very quickly. What can I do about this?
Sleep disorder. After 5-6 hr sleep I will wake up with urge urine at any time slept. Once I wake up won't get sleep again. Due to this not able to concentrate on things properly. Don't know what happened to me from a year. Pls address the issue.
My father is suffering from parkinsonism since 4 years, he is under medication Recently he is loosing memory power, Will DBS help him? What is the success rate and complication of DBS surgery? He is 69 years old. Thanking you in advance.
I am 20 years old. I have 12 board exams in 2 months. I am not able to grasp what I study. I forget quickly whatever I study. I think my brain is not working properly. please help me.
I am drug addict. 2004 se corex rexcof fansidel alprazolm Sp aadi dawaye us kar rha hu. Ek din ki 3 se 4 corex leta hu isliye mein chodna chahta hu par chuth nhi rahi h.
I want to pursue my future in music but my voice isn't good enough, I lose breath easily, my tonsils are enlarged and get infected easily, I smoke, my voice is very big, I need to get my voice to change and make it sound like a professional singer, I am ready for surgery, allopathy, homeopathy anything. Please help, thank you.
with the exams approaching, the pressure increasing and the anxiety reaching the pinnacle; being able to concentrate on what you study and remembering it is the most important concern of the hour.
Here are some tips which will help you to concentrate on your studies and remember whatever you have studied:-
* keep your cell phone aside. These days, the cell phone addiction has become more difficult to cure than any other addiction. It is better to switch off your cell phone and keep it in a place far from your reach so that you can concentrate on what you are needed to concentrate on rather than what is pulling your attention.
* make a timetable and stick to it. Make a proper schedule of each day which will include what time will you wake up, when you will eat, when you will take a nap etc. Even include what subject and what chapters you will study each day. This will make your revision planned and hassle free.
* take adequate sleep. It is necessary to sleep at least 6 hours in a day even during exams as your brain needs that much time to recuperate from the stress and strain. Studies have shown that taking an adequate sleep of 6 hours in a day, increases productivity and improves your ability to remember what you have studied that day.
* take a short nap after lunch. The grasping ability reduces after eating lunch and hence it is a good habit to take a power nap of 7 to 8 minutes after lunch.
* keep your body properly fed and properly hydrated. There is no specific food that will help you improve your grasping ability. All the foods are important enough to provide the necessary nutrition to your brain and, in turn, improve its grasping and retaining ability.
* lastly, don't over exert yourself. Stress is only going to make you forget what you have read. If possible, perform meditation for 10 to 15 minutes in the day to relax your mind and refresh you for the whole day of studying.