Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya ShettyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Vidya Shetty provides answers that are very helpful, inspiring, professional, practical and sensible. Doctor Vidya Shetty is very caring Doctor. She gives ample time for each patient and gives very convincing and pragmatic advise. She is one of those rare doctors who care for patients, than writing illogical tests and scans. Overall we were very happy with the doctor's response.
I am married 26 years. I'm patient of hypothyroidism since 7 years but it uncontrol after my delivery my baby is 3 months and i'm gaining weight and my tummy become fat due to hypothyroidism please help me.
I an 32 years old and married. I have irregular periods. It take 2 to 3 months. I was told told by a doctor that I have cyst on my ovary 3 years back. I am mom of a baby girl 5 years old but still I have same problem. What will be solution to regularise my periods?
Calcium is known for its role in maintaining the bone health, from keeping your teeth stronger to normal functioning of the cells. But there are various factors, which lead to a deficiency of calcium in the human body and paves the way for several complications.
Here are the top three signs that indicate you are suffering from calcium deficiency.
- Difficulty in sleeping: Sleep is essential for your bone health and calcium is directly associated with your sleep cycle. The level of calcium in your bones rises and falls when you are asleep and it reaches its peak when you are in deep slumber. This indicates that when you are unable to sleep properly, it is a warning sign of calcium deficiency. There are various researches that have confirmed, that by increasing the level of calcium, it is possible to restore the normal sleep cycle of an individual. This is also related to the role that calcium plays in the production of a sleep hormone called melatonin. When the calcium content in the body is really low, this hormone is not produced, thus, making it difficult for a person to sleep.
- Difficulty in losing extra pounds: Yet another frustrating aspect of any individual’s life is the inability to shed off excess pounds. This issue is also linked with the lack of calcium supply in the body. The calcium that’s stored in the cells assists in the processing and storage of fat. So the fat cells with high calcium content burn faster, making you lose weight. Thus, if you have trouble losing weight in spite of having a well-regulated diet and regular workout, it’s a sign that you are suffering from low calcium.
- Paresthesia: Though this ailment is not much heard of, it could be a sign of calcium deficiency. Paresthesia is a nervous disorder, which causes tingling sensation, tremors, numbness and loss of sensitivity. It could also lead to poor concentration, amnesia, confusion, hearing impairment, twitches and other physical as well as neurological impairment. This is because low calcium in the blood is connected with the health of your nerves.
The deficiency of calcium can manifest itself in different intensity, ranging from the non-existent to minimal to severe levels. Chronic calcium deficiency can lead to life-threatening diseases like rickets, osteopenia, and even osteoporosis. Therefore, you shouldn’t ignore these signs and consult an expert without delay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife have diabetic and pregnant now with 8 weeks her weight is 73 kg. Now my question is what meal chart is good and when and what she should have in meals? What are the free foods, vegs, fruits? How she can maintain her weight? Any other suggestion? Also she is taking insulin three times in a day.
The benefits of regular exercise in our constantly changing lifestyles cannot be over emphasized. Look at any of the lifestyle associated diseases and exercise is definitely one of the ways to beat it. Over the years, with stress and changed lifestyle, people are ageing faster than they should; the rate of ageing has also increased. Including exercise as a regimen can immensely help anti-ageing. Read on to know how exercise can help skin look younger and reverse some effects of ageing.
For those who are used to a moderate workout regularly, it is like an energy drink that fires up the brain and body, leaving you more alert and alive. While most people associate exercise with workout and fatigue, the truth is that it energizes and vitalizes the body like nothing else.
- With age, the outer layer of the skin thickens and the inner layer becomes thin. This results in freckles, dark circles under the eyes, reduced elasticity, etc. The thinning inner layer is not able to replace collagen and replace elasticity at the same rate as it is being lost. What exercise does is work up sweat, which cleans off the dead cells from the top layer. The skin pores open up, thereby allowing the skin to breathe which in turn allows more oxygen to reach the underlying thin layer, and lets it make collagen. This improves firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Another way the skin is benefitted from exercise is the effect it has on the skin, which is almost equivalent to a facial. Sweating from an exercise opens up the pores, which removes all the dirt trapped in the immediate underlying layers. One should not forget to wash off the skin after a good workout; else the dirt can settle and cause damage.
- Another way exercise benefits the skin is by reducing general inflammation in the body. This helps regulate hormones that are essential for the skin and prevents free radical damage, which helps prevent ageing of the skin.
- Exercise also improves blood flow in the skin. A workout requires more blood flow to the various body parts and the tiny arteries under the skin open up, allowing more free flow of blood. This ensures the skin gets the essential nutrients that are essential for regular maintenance and growth and repair. It also reduces damage from sun and improves collagen production, which helps in controlling wrinkles.
As mentioned earlier, the underlying thinner layer has, what are called fibroblasts, which gradually reduce in number with age. The added nutrient supply can improve their number and function, adding elasticity to the skin. The overall health benefits, stress reduction, improved vitality and vigor add to these benefits, producing a younger-looking you!