Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidya Harne
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya HarneYour feedback matters!
She is student of 21 years old , recently she came to know that there is a cyst development in her body . So how can she come over it?
I am 46 years diabetic female I have legs pain problem in few days when I do any work standing in kitchen nd others. My periods are irregular this time.
Not getting your period on the expected date can make a woman nervous, especially if she is not planning a family. However, there is more than one reason for periods to be delayed or to be skipped. If this happens once in a while, you need not worry, but if your periods do not follow any sort of a schedule, you should see a gynecologist at once. Your body may be trying to tell you something. Here are a few of those messages that you may be missing.
- You may be too stressed out: In most cases, irregular menstrual cycles are triggered by high-stress levels. Stress makes the body produce cortisol which has a direct effect on the production of estrogen and progesterone. It also interferes in the communication between the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland. This causes the hormone communication system in the body to shut down.
- You aren’t having a balanced diet: Your diet also plays an important role in your menstrual cycle. If you have gained excessive weight recently or indulge in a carb heavy diet, the hormone levels in your body will fluctuate thereby, changing your ovulation date. In order to maintain a regular menstrual cycle, a woman’s BMI should be between 17-22 percent.
- You are exercising too much: Sudden weight loss, excessive exercising and being underweight can also affect the body’s hormone levels just as being overweight affects them. Some hormones are produced only in fatty tissue and a sudden drop in fatty tissues can lower the production of these hormones leading to irregular periods. A sudden spurt of excessive exercising can also drain your body of energy leaving it with no energy to menstruate.
- You may be suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome: Missed or late periods are often also a sign of polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS. Look out for other symptoms of this condition such as weight gain, dandruff or excessive hair growth to diagnose this condition. PCOS needs medical attention so it is best to get yourself diagnosed correctly by a gynecologist.
- Your medication may be interfering with your hormones: Many types of medication interfere with the body’s production of estrogen and progesterone. Even simple over the counter medication can make your periods late by a few days.
- You may be menopausal: Lastly, if you definitely aren’t pregnant and are above the age of 40, you may be turning menopausal. As a woman turns menopausal, ovulation becomes sporadic and in turn influences periods to be irregular as well. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!