Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
A problem with my teeth.. I can sense with my tongue its is broken. A small gap between gum and teeth no cavity at present what to do.
I am 20 and I am having trouble with my teeth. I can't eat any food that are cold. Please suggest me some medical care. Thank you.
Is there any good alternative for Orthodontic for proper teeth alignment? If Orthodontic is the only solution then is it possible to complete in 4-5 Months. And suggest best Price?
Hello doctor I am 35 year old married woman I have cavity problems last two years what should I do please tell me.
I have a problem of weight that I can not loss my weight. So what can I do. And have a problem of yellow teeth.
Manual Toothbrush vs. Electric Toothbrush
In a world where every little thing is being automated, why must the activity of brushing your teeth be left behind? Well unless scientists come up with a technique that entirely renders brushing your teeth unnecessary, the only thing we can rely on as of today is easing the activity. And that has been done by bringing in the electronic toothbrushes in the market.
The manual toothbrush was invented in the 1930s. Several upgrades and updates were added to the toothbrush, and in the 1990s, the electronic toothbrush was introduced. Is it better than the manual toothbrush, or is the vintage route more beneficial, let's take a look:
- Cost: Electronic toothbrushes cost significantly more than manual toothbrushes. A manual toothbrush could cost on an average Rs. 30-Rs.40, whereas an electronic toothbrush costs close to Rs.400-Rs.500.
- Features: Unless you have a set timer in front of you, the time you take to brush your teeth manually solely depends on you. Electronic toothbrushes come with a built in timer which you can set at 2 minutes or more (2 minutes being the appropriate time considered for effective cleaning of teeth). This built-in timer saves you from relying on your guesswork and effectively helps you clean your teeth according to the recommended timings.
- Convenience: Manual toothbrushes are convenient to carry while traveling. They have negligible weight and can fit into any travel pouch easily. Electronic toothbrushes, on the other hand, are heavy in weight and need a battery charger to be carried along, which makes them a pain to carry around.
- Effort: Electronic toothbrushes significantly reduce your effort put into the activity. All you need to do is tilt your toothbrush to a 45-degree angle, and let the toothbrush do all the work. Whereas, manual toothbrushes, require you to carefully use proper brushing techniques to get the best results and thus require more effort.
- Options: Manual toothbrushes come with a huge variety of bristles, heads, colors etc. For sensitive gums, one can pick a toothbrush with soft bristles; for kids, one can pick a toothbrush with a smaller head to fit into their mouths. Electronic toothbrushes, as of today do not come in a variety of sizes or bristle types. Thus, the choice and utility are restricted.
And the most important factor-
Oral health maintenance: Electronic toothbrushes are known to give better results in comparison to manual toothbrushes when it comes to removing plaque and gingivitis. Also in the case of children when you cannot ensure whether they are brushing their teeth properly, electronic toothbrushes come to the rescue.
Though electronic toothbrushes give better results with lesser effort, manual toothbrushes have their own conveniences, too.
As you all know that most of the dental problems are due to sugary food or food lodgement in inter space of two adjacent teeth.
Reason is that our toothbrush bristles are unable to reach between interspaces of two tooth.
Now a days we dentists recommend dental floss to clean the interspaces of teeth and helps in maintaining tooth intergrity and the chances of tooth decay get reduced to much extend
Sometimes there may be sensitivity in teeth it's just because of worn or grinding of enamel of tooth whose treatment depends on severity of worn off of that layer. It may require cap or may require root canal then cap.
So to take care of your teeth for long period always visit to your dentist in every 6 months and ask for the better care of your smile on your face.