Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana DhaktodeYour feedback matters!
Menopause brings about a lot of changes in a woman's body. It not only signifies the end of her fertility and child bearing days, but it is a sign of growing age and the body progressing in a new direction of aches, pains and vulnerability. While some of these are natural, others can prove to be dangerous as it significantly increases the risk of heart disease (unlike common myths, women do get heart attacks). The risk factor is also goes up if the woman suffers from diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure. One of the widely known, but well ignored fact remains that women with a sedentary lifestyle increase their risk and vulnerability to all of these diseases. A family history in heart disease can also turn into a risk factor when menopause sets in.
The natural age of menopause is considered to be around 50 and when a woman reaches this age, the estrogen levels in her body experience a sharp drop. This hormone is partly responsible in maintaining heart health in women. Other factors that are triggered during menopause include changes in body fat distribution from a gynoid to an android pattern, reduced glucose tolerance, abnormal plasma lipids, increased blood pressure, increased sympathetic tone, endothelial dysfunction and vascular inflammation.
Experiencing menopause? Here's how you can lower your risk of heart disease
A healthy lifestyle never comes by accident, only by choice. And this is an essential key in controlling diseases that come as a side effect of menopause too. Here are some thing you can do:
- Walk / Exercise: This isn't a 5-day week practice. You need to exercise throughout the week in order to maintain heart health. It helps your heart to pump blood through your body and also reduces risks to other diseases like high blood pressure and cholesterol. One key benefit is that it helps keeps the weight off - that should be good reason to walk an extra mile.
- Choose a healthy diet: Most people mistake a diet to be about not eating the things you really like. A good diet can be made very tasty and can also be portioned in such a way that it leaves less room for craving. As always avoid the junk, deep fries and extra helping of cheese.
- Hormonal therapy: There has been contradicting evidence on hormonal replacement therapy for estrogen can lower the risk of heart disease. Some women continue to be advised this treatment based on their particular case history, especially for women who undergo surgical menopause (when the uterus and other reproductive organs many have to be removed due to life threatening conditions like cancer).
Happiness is the greatest pursuit of life. Some people want their dream job, others want to find their soul mate, but in reality, we are all just searching for happiness and joy. Without happiness (or at least the hope of happiness), life almost becomes meaningless.
Here is the truth about happiness:
The number 1 thing preventing people from living truly happy lives comes down to their belief about what happiness actually is. When you have the wrong idea about what happiness is, you will end up spending your whole life either looking for something in the wrong place or looking for something which never even existed to begin with.
Let?s go over some common false beliefs about happiness.
Here are 3 false beliefs that sabotage the happiness of many:
1) Happiness is an emotion
The biggest false belief about happiness is that happiness is an emotion that comes in your energy field, when in reality, it is a state of being and a way of life. When you receive something you want or see someone you like, you experience the emotion of happiness in your energy field. You watch it arise, feel it flow through you, and then watch your energy field relax once it leaves.When we believe that happiness is THIS emotion, we become attached to always trying to keep that emotion alive in our energy field, which causes us stress and anxiety due to expectation and attachment.
We then beat ourselves up for not feeling ?happy? enough, which causes even more unhappiness.What if happiness is actually a skillset and a way of interacting with the world as opposed to being a phenomenal emotion? What if it is a way of life and a state of mind? When we stop looking at happiness as being the same as the experience of the emotion of happiness, we can then align our lives with a deeper pursuit of holistic fulfillment.
2) Happiness comes with external gain
We are taught from birth that happiness comes from career, wealth, looks, possessions, accomplishments, achievements, and relationships. There are many, MANY people who have everything they want in life, and deep down they are seriously unhappy.
Why is this?
Happiness is a matter of spirituality, self-realization, and a relationship with your own soul.
It?s an inside job.
Looking towards external things to fulfill your souls desire for happiness is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping bread all over your body.
3) If you are happy, you don?t experience things like sadness or depression
Another false belief is that being happy means you never experience things like sadness, depression, anxiety, stress, anger, or frustration.
We tend to think of a ?happy? life as one consisting of rainbows, butterflies, and lollipops.
But what if a happy life is a balanced, holistic life?
What if sadness, depression, and anxiety are actually necessary in the pursuit of happiness?
When we believe that living a happy life and experiencing negative emotions are incompatible, we condemn ourselves for failing to live in a blissful state all the time.
In reality, being happy involves the experience of the whole spectrum of emotions, and the transmutation of those into a higher self-understanding.
Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which,
if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
Happiness, simply put, is about your relationship to the contents of your present moment.
It doesn?t matter what the contents are, it only matters how you react and relate to those contents in your mind and energy field.
And most importantly, take time to become still, present, and meditative.
Feed your soul with stillness, and you may just find that ?happiness? has been there buried under thoughts and mental programs all along.
If you want to experience deep, unmoving happiness,think of it this way.
Less presents,more presence.
I am in a 5 months pregnancy. Facing some breathing problems like oxygen deficiency. How can I treat myself from this?
Hi. I usually have 26-28 day regular period but last month I had period on 35th day. What is the reason. please tell. When will I get my next period for 28 or 35 days.
Hello I am bharti and suffering from pcod. Since from the last 1 year trying to conceive but failed. I also gone thru follicular monitoring but ovulation occurred without medicine and I don't know what to do.
I'm 26 years old married women. I got married before 2 months on February. Now I'm having pain in my both breast from few days.
I'm 25 unmarried girl, having pcos problems. I have facial hair growth over curly n chin. N irregularities of period. I have tested and report is high level of testosterone hormones.
My friend's daughter at the age of 18 years lost her periods. She is now 24 years of age. We tried lot of treatment, from homeopathic, allopathic. Now she is under medication from a senior gynecologist They say that her uterus is good but her fertility rate is poor. After her marriage she will have to take IV treatment. Please suggest whether she will be ok.
My gf got pregnant its conformed by urine test. Right now its not correct time for baby v want to abort how to abort naturally last period was 28 march. Suggest me quick plz.
One year crossed, trying for baby Last period date of her is 05 nov 2016 Her cycle is 30 days What is the exact dates to have sex and it is ok to have daily from 5th day to till 30th day.
Does vagina becomes tight when do not do sex for 1. Year but before this I do sex once in a month for 1 year.
Hi I'm 25yr old married women. How to calculate the ovulation time to get pregnant easy nd faster? or wt to do to get pregnant faster?
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old female. Last month I took loette contraceptive pills. Got periods on 11th April. But this month I'm trying to conceive not taking loette. But today I am getting period again. Only 20 days gap. I think this happens by the side effects of contraceptive pill. Is this true? I want to get pregnant. Kindly reply me.
Dr. I'm 50 and already reached menopause at the age of 46. Im unable to have sex as have no sensation and my vagina is very very dry. My husband and my relation is going through rough patch coz we can not have penetrative sex from past 3 years. Please save my marriage. No foreplay helps my vagina to lubricate. Suggest something so that I regain my sensation and my vagina lubricates on its own. I hope you getting me. Masturbation too does not lubricate my vagina. Pl. Help Thank you Dr.
Hello Doctor, I got married 3 year's before. From my marriage till now we have intercourse. My wife's telling that in her uterus my sperm are getting in to her or not. That feeling is appearing to her. Then regularly periods getting but months 2 or 3 days after only getting. For her I am inserting to her vagina she is getting pain. One or two times blood has come. I get scared. Please tell me how we can have intercourse? Every month failure only appearing.
Hi doctor. Tomorrow was my periods date but I did not got my periods. Feeling bit nausea also. What should I do.
4 Reasons you SHOULD have your meals with ghee
Full of nutrients, ghee or clarified butter comes with an assortment of health benefits. Despite its vast nutrient content, most people avoid ghee, believing that it is fattening. This is in fact not entirely true! Here’s why you should consider adding a dollop of ghee to your meals.
1. Good for your brain: Ghee is an excellent source of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, which help in the proper functioning of your brain and nervous system. Furthermore, these fats can also decrease your risk of getting brain disorders like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
2. Strengthens your immunity: Ghee is rich in nutrients like CLA and K2 that give it its anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. Also, the presence of these nutrients helps ghee in strengthening your immune system so as to keep diseases at bay.
Additionally, several studies show that the butyric acid (acid that helps in controlling metabolism) content of ghee also helps in fortifying your immune system as it enables the creation of killer T cells (a type of white blood cells) in the stomach.
3. Promotes weight loss: Contrary to popular belief, the inclusion of ghee in your diet can also help in reducing fat cells in your body, leading to loss of weight. It does so by improving the functioning of your gall bladder, so that the bile that is produced is able to break down the fats that are digested. As your meals get easily digested, your body’s metabolism levels also increase significantly.
Moreover, it contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs) that are responsible for augmenting your body’s metabolic processes. Several researches indicate that these fatty acids have the ability to burn calories and bringing about weight loss. While decreasing hunger, they are also responsible for oxidation of fats that get accumulated in your body.
4. Helps in digestion: Ghee regulates the secretion of stomach acid, which gives you a stronger appetite, while helping you to properly digest your food. Furthermore, when added to foods like khichdi or puran poli, it could help you to digest these better. If you suffer from low levels of butyric acid production, it can significantly perk up your butyric acid production by improving the functioning of your digestive tract. Butyric acid is highly important as it strengthens the walls of your intestines, while being an energy source for your body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.