Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh PanditYour feedback matters!
I had surgery to remove a cyst from my scalp. My test report shows cells named s100 with Schwannoma. What is it?
My daughter 2 year old she understands every thing she also follow our actions nd babbles wid expressions nd speaks very few words nd keep on watching YouTube nd doest speaks what to do.
My baby is 3 months old and sometimes makes sound while breathing. Especially after she cries or while taking top feed. Deep impressions between stomach and rib cage while breathing. Visited three paeditrition. All confirmed that it is normal. Can you please help.
My 7 months old daughter has upset stomach for last 5 days. Her motions are frequent, semi to loose, and have bad smell. Is it because of the things she keeps putting in her mouth (viz toys or anything she finds) or is it more because if the food she eats. I give her variety of foods churned in mixer grinder. And what medications should I give her? Will any home remedies help? Please suggest.
Hi my baby is 5 months old. Since her birth I have been using Vaidyaratnam ksheerabala Thailam for her massage and she has no problem so far. But due to winter now, her skin has become too dry and red rough skin specially face skin. I don't want to use any lotion as she keep on putting her hands in her mouth. Please suggest something safe and good for my baby's dry skin. Also please advice if I can use roghan badam shirin oil on her face / body to keep her skin moisturised.
Children are more susceptible to health problems as their immunity is still developing and along with frequent infections such as fever or stomach problems, skin problems are a common affliction. Most skin problems within children are a manifestation of the underlying conditions such as allergies or other sicknesses. Some of the common skin allergies and problems are mentioned here.
- Heat Rash or Prickly Heat: This is possibly the most common skin condition that children are generally afflicted by. These are small red bumps on the skin which look like minute pimples. It is caused due to the blockage of the pores and excessive sweating due to hot weather or wearing warm clothes.
- Ringworm: Unlike the name, this condition isn’t actually caused by the infection from a worm. Ringworm is named so due to the ring that forms on the skin which is scaly, inflamed, red in color and can be quite itchy. It is mostly caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. Ringworms are mostly passed through skin to skin contact.
- Chickenpox Rashes: Although there are vaccines that have minimized the occurrence of this disease, it still occurs from time to time. One of the tell-tale signs of this disease are the rashes that may develop all over the body which is accompanied by fever. Although, these may go away, some marks from the rashes may remain and it is important to take care so that they don’t leave any mark behind.
- Eczema: This is another very common skin condition that afflicts many kids and is usually attributed to allergies and asthma. The typical symptoms usually include a patch of raised skin which is inflamed and red. Children often complain about excessive itching and the affected skin tends to be quite dry. Although topical medications are useful, curing or treating the underlying symptoms shows remarkable improvement.
- Impetigo: This is a type of bacterial infection which primarily occurs around the mouth and nose but repeated scratching can spread it around other parts of the body as well. In this condition, red sores or blisters may develop on the skin and then develop a yellow crust which may even ooze fluid sometimes. It is mostly spread by the use of objects such as toys and clothing items or even towels. Antibiotics may be required to treat this condition.
- Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis: Another very common skin problems that affect kids, this occurs as a reaction to certain chemicals such as those found in certain foods, soaps, plants or insects which may either cause a lesion or an inflamed area on the skin. In some cases, it may form blister, although all of these will go away on their own. However, if it persists for more than a week or two or if it is extremely painful, you should immediately take your child to the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I have 12 Weeks Baby Girl. Her Vaccinations plan on 10 weeks but she was suffering cold so Vaccinations Can't be Possible in this Condition.& already passed 2 weeks for Delay Vaccinations. So in this condition what we should do? Vaccinations delay is it serious Problem?
My child is 3 yrs and 3 months old age can understand everything but she speak not as much as other kids do. Kindly help thanks.
My son is 3 week old, he sleep whole day and in night cry so much that he can breath and because black while crying. He cry continuous whole night and keep on feeding continuously whole as soon as I remove him from latching as it pain too much if I feed him more than 45 mins. What should I do to keep him calm at least if he does not sleep.
Here are some tips and treatments for adenoids
Hi I’m Dr. Vijay Verma. I practice at Three senses ENT Allergy and Dental Clinic. We all know that kids are always suffering from continuous sneezing. There is an obstruction and also discharge and sometimes bleeding from the nose. They have breathing difficulties and I know that in every family kids are suffering from these problems because they are going into daycare and suppose that there are 20 kids and one out of them always has cold. Your kid is always prone but in depth, we ignore these symptoms of ‘Adenoids’.
Adenoids are nothing but just like tonsils but are present behind your nose. When they get enlarged they tend to cause nasal obstruction to the child. This infection always gives rise to continuous nasal irritation. Children tend to sneeze which causes nasal discharge. When these adenoids fall back inside your throat it causes sore throat and causes continuous cough for the child plus when they sleep, they are unable to take proper amounts of oxygen and if that is happening, they cannot grow properly
.And this one thing is always missed, so one should consult an ENT specialist for these problems of Adenoids because after 12 years although they regress in size, the changes which they lead to are permanent. They can protrude the tooth out, so sooner or later you will need to visit your dentist; a lifelong problem. There is also a possible accumulation behind the ear drum so the kid starts to have various problems with listening. All these are associated to Adenoids, so they start in childhood but leave permanent changes. So I would suggest you to visit your doctor as soon as possible if you notice that your child is having continuous sneezing, nasal discharge or sore throat.
For adenoids, there are two types of treatment:
(a) The therapy of Spray or
(b) Surgery, so it depends on the size of the adenoids.
Depending on that, it is medically treated or surgically treated. Usually all of us are scared of surgeries but now the tools have become very safe. It is either done with a microdebrider or a coblator which makes it a bloodless surgery and also one which is not a painful surgery; it would lead to your kids being happy.
I would also advise you to visit me via Lybrate.