Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swpana Chowdary
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swpana ChowdaryYour feedback matters!
Is safe period really safe to have unprotected sex? If yes, when can I have unprotected sex without getting pregnant?
Hi, I have almost regular periods. My cycle length is 31 days. It has gone up to 33days and down to 28 days rarely. My last periods started on 8th march. I had unprotected sex on 28th march. Is there any chance I may get pregnant? I am going on a tour on April 2nd and 3rd. If at all I get pregnant, will the tour affect it? I am going to a water theme park. Also I recently had a chemical pregnancy on Jan 18th. Bleeding stopped on Jan 26th. This is my first periods after that. So I am bit concerned. Please advice what I need to do.
25th December, an excellent time to celebrate love with your family and close ones. It is one of the most widely celebrated festivals around the world. From decorating homes with lights to erecting Christmas trees or organizing a special meal, there is no end to the celebrations. Christmas celebrations in India are no longer limited to the Christians, people from all religions engage in the festivities. Children, in particular, enjoy this time of year as they are often showered with gifts from parents and elders in the family.
Wine an essential ingredient of Christmas
No festival is ever complete without a hearty meal. The Christmas meal often consists of turkey, plum cakes, pies, gingerbreads, chicken dishes and most importantly wine. Since, the turkey is a white meat it is light enough to be paired with white wines, and very flavorful at the same time to be paired with delicate red wines. Apart from being an essential on the meal table, a whine toast holds high regard for Christians during Christmas. It is the Last Supper that Jesus shared with his Apostles in Jerusalem just before his crucifixion. Apart from its significance to Christians and its importance with meals, wine comes with a host of health benefits as well. Let us read on to know more about them:
Benefits of Red Wine:
- Boosts Heart Health: Red wine contains active compounds, including resveratrol, polyphenols, and quercetin which are known to have cardioprotective properties. It has been proven that drinking moderate amounts of red wine can go a long way in protecting you against cardiovascular diseases.
- Boosts Immune System: Wine contains resveratrol compound obtained from the skins of red grapes and cranberries that boosts the body’s immune system and treatment of acne.
- Controls Diabetes and Cholesterol: Ethanol found in wine metabolizes glucose, which is crucial for diabetes type-2 patients. Red wine also contains procyanidins compound that helps in keeping the blood vessels healthy and lowers cholesterol levels in the body.
Benefits of White Wine:
- Helps Prevent Diseases: Owing to antioxidant content present in white wine, it goes a long way in preventing breast cancer and lung disease.
- Reduces Hangover: Chemical by-products of alcohol fermentation, congeners are responsible for giving you hangovers. It is the congeners that give alcohol its aroma, taste, and color. The congeners present in white wine are must lesser than any other alcoholic beverages which reduce the chances of a hangover and its symptoms including nausea, headache and confusion.
- Nutritional Content: White wine is considered highly nutritious as apart from the antioxidants, it also contains potassium, fluoride and phosphorus. If watching weight, it is advised to go for dry white wines than the sweet ones as the dry ones contain the least calories and sweet ones contain the most.
So, this Christmas raise a toast to health and happiness.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is that mandatory to stay with wife when she is 7th months pregnant. Do we need to have intercourse some time for normal delivery. Please advice.
I was pregnant of approximately 2 months. I took those pills for abortion. I had very heavy bleeding for 8 days. After that I had slightly bleeding sometimes, even after 10 days. Is there any problem in my menses or there will be any problem in my future? Please describe in brief.
Hi my baby girl is one year old and I have not had my periods yet ,is it common I am still breast feeding. I have not conceived again for sure please tell me if it is common.
Dos -assure the patient
Clean bite site with antiseptic
Immobilize the affected part
Don't - dressings
Incision and suction
Baba and tantric therapy.