Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swpana ChowdaryYour feedback matters!
My wife is 26 years old. We have completed two years of marriage but we have no child. My wife is suffering from pcos. We want to know about homeopathic medicine for conceive. Please suggest us.
If I do not want a baby then is it always necessary to use condom while doing sex or sometimes I can do sex without condom also? Please clarify?
Hello doctor I was suffering my hypothyroid and I was using thyronorm 50 mg tablet and now I am 5 weeks pregnant when should I test for thyroid profile again now. Should I continue my medicine now or change the dose.
Hey. I am a 26 years old female. Got married 2 years back. Now I want to conceive Can you please tell me more something about pregnancy.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Ear buds are meant to be used for outer ear only i. E to clean the folds of outer ear.
Using them inside the ear is not recommended and can lead to dangerous ear infection.
The delicate skin in the ear canal can get damaged and subsequently infection may occur leading to a condition called otitis externa.
Sir, my period happen on 29th but this month I do not get my period , 12th I tested pregnancy test but it was negative what can I do now?
I, am 36 yrs old and 5' ht. Weight is 72kgs. I have a copper T and it is intact. I normally have my periods in 28days circle and very regular. For past 4-5 months my periods are irregular. First i got my periods in less than 20 days 4 months back. Then 22 days next month, 25 , and 28. But this month its already 35 days. I feel very mild pain sometimes. Why is it so. Can I wait a little more or should I consult a doctor. I dont think i am stressed. For past 4 months I dont eat rice or food in order to diet. I just have tea buiscuits, or cucumber or other vegitables and by evening 7pm I have my dinner. Weekly thrice i follow this routine and it is not very regular. Is it because of overweight or the food pattern change. Please explain.Thank you
If hcg test 350 and again tested 759 two testss huee hhh pregnancy h but doc bole pregnancy to hh par ultra sound me bilkul chotaa sa sack hh aurrr doctor bole abi pura sack shape me naii aayaa complete bed rest bolah hh aur kya darne wale baat hh kya 34 days ki pregnancy h.
Sir please help me. Yesterday me and my gf (would be wife) having sex. I had used condom but unfortunately the condom got bursted and my orgasm went into hers. It was the 3rd day after her period. Any chance of pregnancy.
What is use of estraval 2 mg 1 tablet × 28 days. Is this tablet helpful for ovary cyst & solve rupture problem Endo size is 5.5 mm on 12 day Please reply.
Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage.
Related Tip: Smoking and Its Effect on Teeth